DISH - Too scared to say much | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Too scared to say much"

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Advice to Management

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"A company for a job, not a career company"

Former Employee - Installation Manager
    Former Employee - Installation Manager

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are always hiring. They provide all the tools, uniforms, vehicles, and gas for the Fied Service Technicians. Free DISH programming.

Cons

Watch the promises they make when you are hired, big promises.
    The company is always chasing it's tail, round and round you'll go... In other words, there is no continuity in the focus, or message, creating confusion, especially in the management ranks.

"It was like a prison sentence. I had co-workers that left and called it "EchoTraz" and now I know why......"

Former Employee - Training Manager
    Former Employee - Training Manager

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I met during my tenure were invaluable.

Cons

Over worked - with no aprreciation from the company.
    65-70 per week.
    Weekend work was mandatory in most cases.
    The company does not value hard working, and loyal workers.
    The company does not value family time.
    Salary was a not suitable for other comparable positions in other fortune 500 companies.
    There is no intergrity or trust within the company.
    The direction of the company changes with every "initiative".
    The company is so inefficient! As a manager for years Dish nickel and dimed their employees when paying expense reports.
    It takes 3-4 levels of approvers before you can even get paid on an expense report (heaven forbid you tipped $.01 too much. Travel Accounting will be sure to dock you for it). You sometimes waited for weeks to a month just to get your own money back! I felt like I was constantly loaning $ to Dish.
    In this day and age other than fast food who can afford a $10 breakfast, $10 lunch and $20 dinner including the 17% tip (yes that's all the tip Dish will reimburse) - really how embarrassing. Most employees eat the cost.
    Rooming with complete strangers was always a treat. I once had to room with 3 people in a room!
    Try to find a room in company policy for $89 per night in New York or LA!
    If a director or VP are on vacation or heaven's forbid NEW and have no clue how to approve a flight - look out. You only have 12 hours before the flight is rejected and the employee submitting the flight must resubmit all over again. I once had an employee resubmit 5 times because the VP had no clue how to click the "Approve" button in his email. Good use of company time.
    There are too many other cons to list!

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and you may get better results and less turnover. Charlie's revolving door policy is great training employees planning to move to a better company. Anyone with any real talent gains their training and experience and moves on to a better company within a few years because of the poor treatment. Even Joe Clayton's reputation will not be enough to bail the company out of this mess. Their ongoing method of intimidation and fear only works on "fresh out of college" employees or employees that are scared to make a move to something better. I know it took me 10 years to get out! Thank goodness I did because I realized how much more there is to offer.