DISH - The worst job experience I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"The worst job experience I've ever had."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free dish service, money was okay - I was in top 10% of industry (nationwide). Neither of which worth the stress, lack of dignity, or belittlement you're required to endure.

Cons

Micro-management at it's worst. We'd have meetings each morning, supposedly to boost our energy / motivation...yet, your motivation was simple - if you didn't close a certain amount of sales per hour, you'll be replaced. They make it very clear, each and every day, employees are expendable. If you live in Littleton CO, you're familiar with NOW HIRING sign on outside of the building, which is there 365 days a year. Dish Network is a people mill, they probably terminate 30-45 people a month. Even as someone doing rather well, I knew my time was limited. You were considered a "VET" if you lasted 6 months (that's as far as I made it). They don't pay hourly for sales, therefore common for them to make you work 14 hr shifts daily (they were very efficient at working around CO labor laws). If you had 2-3 days off, it was mandatory you worked at least one 10 hr shift during one of those days. Family values doesn't play any part of Dish core values, allowing employees quality time with their families was never a concern. Employees safety was never a concern either, even in most treacherous road conditions you were expected to show up on time. Be forewarned, being ONE minute late is subject to termination.

Advice to Management

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"FAKE DISH Reviews being posted on this site!!!"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any pros, other than a paycheck, but I can get that anywhere.

Cons

Look at all of the "new" posts from people boasting how much they love working at Dish. These are all FAKE posts and added by the management team to boost their reputation. Dish is the most disgusting, disrespectful and horribly managed company I have experienced in my 15 year career.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews and let people see the truth!!!

"Senior Technican - FSS Level 4 - EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - FSS IV - Senior Tech in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - FSS IV - Senior Tech in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very competitive salary, many opportunities for advancement, Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, 401k, Benifits, and overall great people to work work! I have worked with this company for over 6 years. I have seen bad days and good days but what I have seen the most is the constant improvements that are being made to the company and how we work as a team. This company gives us all the tools we need to succed and I can say I have been quite successful with it.

Cons

Longer hours however as a tech I am aware of this and that is why we work 4 days per week.