DISH - Worthless company EVER!!! | Glassdoor

"Worthless company EVER!!!"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA
Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good schedule to work with the hours was perfect and was able to relocate to another state within the company

Cons

The change of schedules coming in at 4am was a killer just to route techs for same day, which I felt was useless only an hour to route techs!!! When Charlie mandate Dish employees to have Dish in there homes, which was the worst service every to have when they didn't have the certain channels like other provider !!! Didn't provide enough Black Station like TV one and Centric like other providers do!! Even though its cheaper but its crap when it come to Black station.

Advice to Management

Even though you closed down Dispatch Centers and 1000 of Dispatcher became unemployed, you made working with your company like jail. Each office had rules that apply to that office didn't really award your former employees with reward of doing thing above an beyond. Work the techs like hell during winter and summer hours. You need to rethink on how you get customer and stop changing the cancellation fee from 199.00 to almost 400.00 which is high way robbery. All you big shot sitting in the office should do installments and answer phones and deal with irate Customers

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Worst Company that I have ever worked for, money is up and down. Management is INSANE."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When the money is good it can be good. I am a top sales person at any company I work for, but with Dish I made 2k some weeks. Others I made 400, the sales pay structure is changed every 30 days or so.

Cons

Everything is a Con at Dish. The pay structure is changed so often that you never know what you are getting. Management is crazy, like no other place I have ever worked. I hated every second of working there, I was even promoted several times, but couldn't want to leave. I spent 2 years with this company providing for my family and that is the only reason. I have watched them walk out over 1000 people while I worked there. They never got over 200 sales reps but would fire everyone and anyone. I know of 3 people that quit, while over 1k were fired. Its a terrible place to work. 6 days a week, 11 hours a day, no questions asked or you are fired. You can be a total of 15 minutes late per year. So if you are 10 minutes late 1 day then you have 5 minutes for the rest of the year. No execptions. I watched people get fired because they got in a car wreck, grandma died, it doesn't matter. I never was able to take a sick or vacation day, the entire 2 years. They will not approve any time off. DON'T GO WORK AT DISH. DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Advice to Management

Management is the problem. Numbers are the only thing that matters at Dish, but what they don't realize, if they treated sales agents with some respect and gave them normal hours then the reps would produce more sales. They grind them like slaves and after a while everyone breaks. My advice to management would be to, toss out every rule and start over. Copy a company that respects employees and doesn't treat them so poorly. No wonder why you are voted the worst place in the U.S. to work.

"Positive Reviews...of Dish?! Really?"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It pays in American dollars, not Mexican Pesos. You know the saying "Any port in a storm"? Well, in this economy, that is what Dish Network is

Cons

I don't know where to start, I really can not say the company is strong in any aspect, many many problems.

Advice to Management

A happy employee is a productive employee, try to treat your employees fairly both in pay and benefits and meaningful communication with them. Learn to trust your employees, we are not criminals, it you do not trust your employees, why did you hire them?