DISH - Principal Analyst/Developer | Glassdoor

"Principal Analyst/Developer"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities.
GC processing.
Dynamic Environment with changing requirements.

Cons

Flexible Hours.
Work From Home.
Health Benefits

Advice to Management

Pls make changes to below to be on par with other IT shops.
Flexible Hours
Work From Home.
Health Benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"A Portrait of Dish"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish coming up on 5 years and started as a frontline agent. I have worked hard and have been given opportunities to advance. This is a company that will reward hard work and has been an enjoyable adventure for me. I love technology and being on the cutting edge of a lot of really meaningful products that bring solutions to many people that had none before. Dish is a company that is willing to take on challenges and make their own path...I really think if you have an entrepreneurial spirit that treats this company like it's their own then Dish is a career that will give back (stocks, 401k). Dish has also given me the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. It truly has been a wonderful experience for me.

Cons

My site has done a tremondous job of retaining our employees and I have had a team of agents that have been on my team for years. The people I work with our an entension of my family and like any family, we have good and bad days(but mostly good), As long as you have a positive attitude and can look past the trying days and see the big picture, Dish will give back to you and opportunities will arise. If you don't have a passion for the job then you probably will neglect it and eventually it will end.

Advice to Management

We do have a strong team of managers that is focused and care about employees and our customers. Trust that you are going down the right path...it's the right one.

"Stuff Rolls Downhill"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I worked at DISH as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative products at relatively low prices compared to the competition. More programming choices, including international programming that competitors don't have. Call center offered four 10-hour day schedule, which was nice.

Cons

Hired by AEI, the DISH installation agency for most of Wisconsin and Michigan. No training other than listening in with another agent for a day. Minimal training materials. Had to make my own binder of job aides on equipment, programming, and policies. Was instructed to not assist customers if AEI had not been out to residence in over 60 days, even if it was something easy to fix. Had to transfer calls to 'Senior Technical Advisor' at DISH. Techs had it worse. Worked 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days. Was instructed not to record any kind of negative comments from customers about service installers (being late, rude, unprofessional, etc.) where DISH could see them. Instead, we had to pass comments on to supervisors who would, allegedly, pass them onto office managers. Apparently, they were afraid of the wrath of DISH, too. Call center managers just sat in their office all day looking busy, interacting with agents too infrequently, rarely having anything helpful to say. Worst work experience of my 25 year work history.

Advice to Management

Show some respect for your customers and employees and maybe you'll create a better professional reputation for yourself. But since the word 'respect' is an alien concept to you, I doubt you ever will.