DISH - Principal Analyst/Developer | Glassdoor

"Principal Analyst/Developer"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities.
GC processing.
Dynamic Environment with changing requirements.

Cons

Flexible Hours.
Work From Home.
Health Benefits

Advice to Management

Pls make changes to below to be on par with other IT shops.
Flexible Hours
Work From Home.
Health Benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Well received. Given the opportunities to succeed and advance."

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Evansville, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been given all the tools I need to succeed at Dish. I have noticed the company take care of problems when they arise in a proper manner. When I was unhappy with my current position I was afforded the opportunity to change my position within the company.

Cons

Long hours and working holidays however these situations are made perfectly clear before employment. The company has given all control of routing to people who have no idea of the geographical areas and taken all control from the direct managers of the technicians.

Advice to Management

Allow the lower level managers to do their jobs and have control in their offices routing.

"A Portrait of Dish"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish coming up on 5 years and started as a frontline agent. I have worked hard and have been given opportunities to advance. This is a company that will reward hard work and has been an enjoyable adventure for me. I love technology and being on the cutting edge of a lot of really meaningful products that bring solutions to many people that had none before. Dish is a company that is willing to take on challenges and make their own path...I really think if you have an entrepreneurial spirit that treats this company like it's their own then Dish is a career that will give back (stocks, 401k). Dish has also given me the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures. It truly has been a wonderful experience for me.

Cons

My site has done a tremondous job of retaining our employees and I have had a team of agents that have been on my team for years. The people I work with our an entension of my family and like any family, we have good and bad days(but mostly good), As long as you have a positive attitude and can look past the trying days and see the big picture, Dish will give back to you and opportunities will arise. If you don't have a passion for the job then you probably will neglect it and eventually it will end.

Advice to Management

We do have a strong team of managers that is focused and care about employees and our customers. Trust that you are going down the right path...it's the right one.