DISH - Worst place in America to work... Yes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Worst place in America to work... Yes"

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Advice to Management

Remember your employees are people too.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Does not meet expectations"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

Advice to Management

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

2. "Structured environment with large potential if your okay with micro - management"

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

They are an international company and for that reason there is of course a large potential for advancement so long as you want to work hard to get there. The company also has invested largely into technology to include the Samsung Note so that you can work more efficiently and keep everything from the activations, to the customer's signature all digital and hassle free. This technology continues into your routes, GPS to customer location and so forth. You can start on the bottom end as a FSS1 (Installer) if you know your stuff can be a lead technician by your first year. After a few years with the company you may have the option to move up to a FSM (Field Service Manager). From there it depends on the route you wish to take and where you are wanting to go.. Even during your time as an installer there are many routes and options that you have. You will be SCBA certified and then you can go back through more training to become certified to do Smart Home. Through all of your training you increase in level of pay and there are some techs pushing around $25-30hr. All depends on how hard you want to work and how long...

Cons

The great thing is the structured environment and there is a lot technology to help make your job easier but that all comes at a cost. The FSM's are able to at any point in the day know your exact location, know what your doing and how.. Generally this isn't a problem if you are doing what you are supposed to do however it does make you wonder how much you are trusted.

Advice to Management

Management at this location seems to be very interested in the employees lives and the things that are going on which affect work. Most of the management is prior military to include marines which makes the management style a little "in your face". You have to understand though at least in my perspective that this is a good thing. You know what you are getting and you don't have to wonder about uncertainties. You know what is expected of you and there is no reason that you can't do your job as they give you everything that you would need to complete the task. They do a great job and they work hard. Keep up the good work. The only advice that could be given is to the upper management. STOP HOLDING CONNECTIVITY AGAINST THE TECH! We can not control the fact that more and more people are dropping traditional forms of connectivity. More people JUST LIKE ME use their phone for internet. Why are we being graded on this is we can't control it. Trust that your employees are connecting the ones they can and leave the rest alone.