DISH - I still love my job! | Glassdoor

"I still love my job!"

Current Employee - Middle Management
Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Dish for over 7 years and every morning I get up still excited to be able to go to work. I enjoy my job and my co-workers. I am excited about the new direction of Dish and the new management teams.

Cons

Health benefits are not the best; however I have health benefits. I wish the annual deductible was not so high; and if I had dependents I would not be able to meet that deductible

Advice to Management

Spend money like it's your own is great; however let's show employees that we care during the holdiays and meet us in the middle on Holiday gatherings.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Payroll"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk III
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk III

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Profit Sharing
    Paid Incentives to employees on the phone
    Stable Work Environment
    Quarterly All Team Meetings to keep employees informed of where we are and where we want to go as a company
    When call volume is low employees have the choice to leave but also can chose to stay and work, not forced into layoffs
    Paid vacation
    Paid sick time
    Employee Stock Purchase Program
    Free Programming (although the Everything Package all the time would be GREAT!)
    Employee Appreciation days with food and games in the call centers

Cons

Medical Benefits (when they were changed to high deductible they said this is what all companies are going to but we should step up and be better than the rest!)
    Low Yearly Pay Increases for departments that are not considered money making for the company
    Performance Appraisal system needs major improvements

Advice to Management

All levels of management needs to respect and appreciate their employees, make them feel needed and wanted. When you have an employee that has given many years to a company and you make them feel needed and wanted, they will produce the results needed to make Dish the number one company in paid television! Give them the money they deserve on their yearly PAs, give them proper feed back to better themselves for the company, put your employees in a place to be successful! Great leaders are not known for training great followers, they are known for making other great leaders!

2. "Turning the battleship..."

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think Joe Clayton said it best in his Denver Business Journal interview:
    "In the meantime, we've made significant improvements. Not as fast as Wall Street would like, but when you're trying to turn a battleship, it takes a little while."
    Dish has great products and great opportunities for those who are dedicated and willing to work ethically and do the right thing. We've made a lot of progress and we're going to continue down that path.

Cons

It's not a free ride- you have to be willing to work for it.

Advice to Management

The improvements that have been made and those that are forthcoming are quite exciting. Can't wait to see what we come up with next!