DISH - It's a job | Glassdoor

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Not the worst, not even close to average."

Current Employee - IT Technician
    Current Employee - IT Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Middle management tends to have a better grasp of this than upper management, but some people within the company can look past lack of education or experience when determining whether a candidate may be a good fit in a particular department.

Cons

As a generality, management does not care about developing employees that show promise. Rather than taking the time to develop them into a strong suitor for a particular department or position, they promote now and fire people because they weren't quite prepared for the job. The company offers absolutely zero training for management or leadership roles yet exclusively promotes from within leaving all call centers run by unqualified management. In addition to those things, upper management is severely over paid and everyone below a Regional Manager level is grossly under paid.

Advice to Management

Offer training for individuals that are willing to learn what other positions or departments really consist of, and you will end up with stronger initial performance. In addition, offer training and mentoring programs for newly promoted individuals to continuously improve, rather than firing people that fail at the "sink or swim" model of managing (I use the word managing loosely here).

"Too scared to say much"

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Advice to Management

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.