DISH - sweatshop labor 2.0 | Glassdoor

"sweatshop labor 2.0"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Advice to Management

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"bad company"

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay if you jump through every single hoop and dont have bad luck with customers who call in bullcrap trouble calls on you.

Cons

if a customer damages or alters their system, if they disconnect something/get a new tv or if the equipment goes bad or any such thing like this... they will call dish.. dish will build a trouble call.. which gets your paycheck docked.. matters not at all if it was in ANY way your fault.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees right (not saying more, just saying right). Train CSR reps not to build bullcrap trouble calls just to avoid the service call fee fight with the customer. This simple step will stop HALF your turnover rate.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work in Service. Good management, training, great opportunities for growth. You get enough training to get you started and are not handheld. You are encouraged to think for your self and to come up with out of the box solutions.
    Great people to work with. Flexible work environment. Free Dish TV service

Cons

I really have no cons. I have read the recent articles where people are said to get pay deductions if they tip over 15% on a covered meal however compant policy clearly states up to 15% gratuity. If you over tip, don't put it on your expense report and only claim the 15% and there will not be a deduction. You can't fault a company for your lack of following policy. The finger print thing is security used with an RFID badge to ensure the person carrying the badge is really you.