DISH - The most Miserable 2 years of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"The most Miserable 2 years of my life"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ
Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are good at Sales, you can make a decent salary.

It's better than being Unemployed

Cons

Treated like a machine rather than a person.

Constantly threatened with the possibility of losing your job

Long hours, mandatory overtime, no paid holidays

Frequent schedule changes

If you have children, make sure there aren't any emergencies! You will receive an "Occurence" (essentially a write up) if you have to leave work early for a sick child, etc.

If you have a bad week and don't meet your metrics they will actually deduct money from your pay

Advice to Management

Realize that you have actual living, breathing humans working for you, who have families that they would like to see more than once a week. Treat people with respect and empathy and it will go a long way. Employees that feel valued are more inclined to work harder and go the extra mile.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"bad company"

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay if you jump through every single hoop and dont have bad luck with customers who call in bullcrap trouble calls on you.

Cons

if a customer damages or alters their system, if they disconnect something/get a new tv or if the equipment goes bad or any such thing like this... they will call dish.. dish will build a trouble call.. which gets your paycheck docked.. matters not at all if it was in ANY way your fault.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees right (not saying more, just saying right). Train CSR reps not to build bullcrap trouble calls just to avoid the service call fee fight with the customer. This simple step will stop HALF your turnover rate.

"sweatshop labor 2.0"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
    •Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
    •Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Advice to Management

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH