DISH - Getting Better.... still a ways to go | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Getting Better.... still a ways to go"

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly employees/peers, pay for performance bonuses, profit sharing, opportunities for advancement locally, stateside and abroad.

Cons

Upper management seems out of touch at times to realities that front line employees face, employees worked to burnout, negatives that all other call center employees can face - constantly changing goals, angry customers, overworked supervisors, asked to change schedules with little notice, no exceptions for higher education for scheduling (unless you are hired as an intern)

Advice to Management

There are people in DISH that don't feel appreciated. Be wary of asking them to post feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Hell to work for, customers are rude and ignorant, but the pay is good and so are co-workers and bosses."

Pros

Good pay, lots of hours, always hiring bc people quit daily. Overtime and holiday pay, paid time off.

Cons

Probably work weekends, shifts change often and you have to bid for them, have to apply for time off and are most likely gonna be working odd hours.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about agents stats so much and concentrate more on cust satisfaction, and the percent of issues fixed instead of if it took them 30 secs too long on the call. If the customer is happy, they will stay with the company.

"Fast paced changing rules that impact employees negatively. People run when it's time to leave work."

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are able to overcome the ever changing PFP (pay for performance) rules. You may just be lucky enough to see a 200-500 sales commission and pfp in your check every 3 months.

Cons

Changing pfp rules once learning curve is reached,
    Male dominated, recruiting college students to work under supervisors who are jealous of their education, managers wanting you to kiss up to them constantly, glass ceiling, no minorities in management, supervisory positions

Advice to Management

If you want to know why the brightest most educated of your employees flee, it's due to management always changing the rules so they can stay relevant in their unnecessary positions. Managers of certain dept promote based on looks and race and what you can do for them. Some want you to do favors for them. One manager told me in order for me to get promoted I need to put myself out there to him. He cleaned it up and said I need to impress him more. I took it as another dig that I don't suck up to him, worship at his feet or flirt with him. he is disgusting. Also the coaches you have there are so of the nicest people except for few who thinks they can treat agents like crap and write them up for everything.
    I am so glad I left DISH. It wasn't worth it seriously.