DISH - Recent College Grad - AMAZING Opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Recent College Grad - AMAZING Opportunity"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Human Resources in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not ask for a better first job out of college. Since joining DISH 8 months ago, I have seen my job duties and responsiblities grow to levels unmatched by my college peers working at other companies. As I desire to do more and learn more, management takes chances on me by giving me exposure to major projects and tasks. I have great coaches and mentors in my department and have been very happy.

Cons

I have yet to experience and major cons at this time. I have been very happy with my experience so far.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Great Place to work but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been here 7 years and been promoted four times. If you work you will be rewarded. Fast paced not for those who just show up to work to get a paycheck and then while about here.

Cons

No company credit card. Must share hotel rooms when traveling in groups

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward

2. "Good company...but could be better"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Advice to Management

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance