DISH - Put your head between your legs and kiss yourself goodbye | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Put your head between your legs and kiss yourself goodbye"

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. You get paid for working there. Joseph Clayton and his managers micromanage you to death. There are fingerprint scanners so they know where you are at at all times.

Cons

It's the meanest company to work for in America. Senior management will yell at you and berate you in front of other employees if you do something wrong. They have no morals here. Working conditions are terrible. It is like prison!! Why work here, when you can work for one of the top 100 best companies to work for in America.

Advice to Management

We are people and we have feelings. Please listen to us!! We're begging you!

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"If you want your education stolen and not payed for, work here."

Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - I DO IT ALL in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really can not think of any pros to working for Dish unless you are under 30 and included in the directors circle of friends.

Cons

Dish doesn't want to pay for the knowledge of their employees. If a person has a Computer Science degree they will steal your knowledge on recordings then train it to others, but never pay you even a the salary you are worth. (unless you are under 30)

Advice to Management

give up the playground bullying and put the people that deserve it in the positions deserved instead of your out of the office playmates!

"Much improved DISH - THANK YOU!"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I certainly could add all of the negative things I'v experienced through the years, however, I dont feel that would reflect the great things that have occurred over the last 24 months. We are no longer JUST a satellite company, we have made key acquisitions, partnerships, and changes to improve our position, customer retention and most importantly employee retention. I feel Joe Clayton was a muched needed energy for the company. Its his vision, excitement and passion that we see which drives us to do better.

Frankly, it bothers me that we have employees who don't feel appreciated. I don't think thats a reflection of the entire company v. the individual manager who hasn't taken the time to recognize your acomplishments, or give you the reward/recognition.

This is a technology company, we MUST work harder, and smarter that many companies if we want to continue being a viable company in the future. Technology changes, customer want MORE, and dont want to always pay for it. therefore, we must constantly be on the move, otherwise, we'll get passed by.

I dont think Charlie Ergen started this company with just 14 million subscribers in mind. Frankly, I'm glad we have a Chairman who's vision keeps us employed, and a CEO who has taken the time to make things better for the employees.

I'm proud to say I work for Dish Network!

Cons

Oddly enough, I have to enter something in the CONS section, if I want to submit my review.

Advice to Management

Continue the rewards/recognition. The praise goes along way with employees. I'm in the room with employees, and when we see/hear the passion of our senior leadership it fuels us to WIN.