DISH - Worst pay rate | Glassdoor

"Worst pay rate"

Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no reazon to work for dish..

Cons

The pay rate for reciving people is really bad, for all the work they do that is really ridiculos. Is a heavy job whit multiple tasks

Advice to Management

Increase the pay rate, is really sad that it will take ous more than 5 years to make a dicent pay. Pay more attention to the peopple that is working hard in the warehouse, if you don't treat good your employes, i don't think you will do it whith the costumers.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Great Company for the Career Minded."

Current Employee - Operations Analyst I in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst I in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry level pay. Free Dish subscription with HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax. Dish hires talented and intelligent people and rewards people based upon merit. Managment is focused on career and leadership devlopment. The corporate is located in Englewood, CO, but a person can locate thorughout the country with the company. There is a cafeterria with a daily menu located on the first floor with Daz Bog coffee shop located inside.

Cons

There are seven holidays. The sick and vacation time are acrual basis. There is a 5 year vesting period. Annual proformance apprasial is confusing.

Advice to Management

Continue to put emphasis on the new college graduates. They are the lifeblod of growth and devlopment.

"Improvements in the making"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people - Being an operations manager you get to see the people you developed grow with the company and this gives me a sense of accomplishment. Dish takes risks on talent... I was a 19 year old kid who got promoted within 9 months, now I am a 32 year old man. This place has shown me so much over the course of almost 13 years now. One of the lessons I teach my employees are every job has its ups and downs. It’s how you ride the roller coaster. My mother is a nurse making over 100k a year and still has complaints, so my lesson is that no matter what you do there will always be issues. Again it's how you ride the roller coaster. :) My second lesson is put forth the energy and commitment and the rewards will follow.

Leadership - It takes a big man to swallow their pride and realize when the in-house is not happy and to admit there is and was issues. Now our CEO is on a mission to help fix everything. I can't ask more than that. When he speaks it feels like he is truly speaking for all of us. I can tell you in our site in El Paso. We are in a happier place then we have ever been and a lot has to do with believing in the company and the people we have working for us.

Mentorship - I have great bosses that have helped teach me new skills and look at different perspectives. My Denver boss has been the most supportive of any boss that I have ever had and that makes me want to continue to pass along to my fellow employees and work hard for them.

I think 2013 will be an even better year for Dish and its employees. You get what you what you put in.

Cons

At times we don't get to see many people continue to be successful and end up leaving our team. As said, sometimes Dish isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Just continue to think about all of us, and we will continue to be the heart and soul of Dish.