DISH - Where are the improvements? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Where are the improvements?"

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Advice to Management

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Good and improving"

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish overall, has an excellent way of listening to their employees, through forums, tool review pages and traveling feedback groups. On site our management is good at getting feedback for needs when it is received, there are chances all day for even the newest agents to give feedback and chance both the tools and the morale around them. Additionally onsite there are constant incentives for rewards(both monitory payouts and physical items) that you can get for just hitting your metrics. We receive multiple visits from senior management per year where roundtables are held, which allows for consistent change. I have worked in several areas with this company, from tech only agent, customer service agent, advanced technical support, supervising/coaching and now as a Business Operations Specialist. In each department there is a place for those with initiative who strive for change and to develop not only their co-workers but the company it's self.

Cons

The 401k benefit and stock options are good, however the medical benefits are lacking with Dish, no HMO's available all PPO benefits. Shifts can sometimes have a high agent to coach ratio, which can leave new hires and struggling agents with less guidance and help than could be given. The training for new hires is focused on skill sets that are needed by the agents and often misses some of the technical parts that are required for the job. Working from agent up here, you will need to have the initiative to research your tools and learn your products to have a guaranteed success.

Advice to Management

Please continue with the changes put in place in the last year. The ability for all levels of this company to provide input is absolutely vital to the proactive and positive change in the company. Continuing the projects in CSC's to turn out root issues and visit corporate HQ to present ideas will help the company change both morale and productivity on site. When your employees feel like you are listening, you will receive more feedback.

"Long hours, manditory overtime, no promotion potential."

Current Employee - Satellite Installation Technician in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Satellite Installation Technician in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, 4 day work week, SOME excellent management and coworkers, neat customers, fun job at times

Cons

Long hours, No holidays, No practical potential for promotion, Corporate rules created by people who don't do the job, and are not logical. Low pay, and bad benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.. most FSM's are amazing, and all of us respect what you do for us. The company needs to change as a whole though. I would advise management to ask technicians for real feedback, and feed it up the chain of command. Dish really needs a "suggestion box."