DISH - There have to be better jobs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"There have to be better jobs."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some pros include the cool latest and greatest technology, the employee discount is nice, and you get a sense of independence throughout the day because you don't have that typical boss standing over you all day long and you are able to make decisions on a per job basis without needing to get "approval" so long as your final decision stays within the corporate guidelines.

Cons

Do not like the fact that I have no clue what time I will get finished for the day. You can sometimes estimate the end of your day, but as soon as you are finishing around 5-530... they will more than likely find another job that "has to go in today", "something came up", "you're the best tech for the job", or "now you're the only tech in that area". I think this company micro-manages with everything from how many zip ties to how many receivers they stock on a van. They also continue to preach that Smart Home Services is not asking the techs to become sales, yet the office crams it down your throat on how much you are selling vs every one else in the office/region.

Advice to Management

Take the time to talk to your techs/managers and find out what will increase the morale in each office. I have been fortunate enough to take a couple of OOM trips and discovered that morale is low in multiple offices because there is never a "good job" or "we're doing great". It is always "yes your numbers are here, but I'd rather see them get better". Keep in mind that we did not sign up to work 4 days a week for 15-20 hrs a day and that we have families and other activities we would like to attend when we get off work (hopefully at a decent hour).

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"It was not a positive experience"

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free DISH and free parking

Cons

Mentality of entire corporation is negative and demeaning to employees, from "badge in, badge out" to lack of appreciation or consideration of employees.

Advice to Management

Look up consideration, empathy, and employee value in a dictionary

2. "Could Be Better, Could Be Worse"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management (at least in the call center), plenty of training to keep you up to date on what's going on.

Cons

Lazy customer service agents, people not wanting to work. Hard to accomplish payouts based on random metrics we cannot control.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the can-be-rigid requirements that are, honestly, unreachable sometimes.