DISH - Get the Training pay and then run | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Get the Training pay and then run"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Perry, OK
Current Employee - Field Technician in Perry, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free training pay, free uniforms to destory

Cons

terrible company to work for. might as well be in the middle of nigeria making 7.5 cents a hour

Advice to Management

quit

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"The best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment, growth opportunities, & great team cohesion. I hadn't been with the company barely 2 months before I was presenting to EVPs. The managers/directors/VPs I report to often ask for my opinion when it comes time to make a decision and they don't feel they always have to be the one who came up with the idea. Working for Dish challenges me on a daily basis and I feel that I learn something new everyday. Not long after I started at the company I received an offer from another organization that paid significantly more but I didn't hesitate to turn it down because the experience and on the job education I receive at Dish are priceless. Joe Clayton is a visionary leader and it's obvious when he speaks that he cares about his employees.

Cons

Although there is great cohesion within teams there seems to be a disconnect between teams sometimes. It's not uncommon to hear the frustration in the voice of a person from another team when you request their help.

Advice to Management

Work on building cohesion between teams and remove the us vs. them mentality that seems to be present between teams.

"Where are the improvements?"

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Advice to Management

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.