DISH - Stuff Rolls Downhill | Glassdoor

"Stuff Rolls Downhill"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I worked at DISH as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative products at relatively low prices compared to the competition. More programming choices, including international programming that competitors don't have. Call center offered four 10-hour day schedule, which was nice.

Cons

Hired by AEI, the DISH installation agency for most of Wisconsin and Michigan. No training other than listening in with another agent for a day. Minimal training materials. Had to make my own binder of job aides on equipment, programming, and policies. Was instructed to not assist customers if AEI had not been out to residence in over 60 days, even if it was something easy to fix. Had to transfer calls to 'Senior Technical Advisor' at DISH. Techs had it worse. Worked 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days. Was instructed not to record any kind of negative comments from customers about service installers (being late, rude, unprofessional, etc.) where DISH could see them. Instead, we had to pass comments on to supervisors who would, allegedly, pass them onto office managers. Apparently, they were afraid of the wrath of DISH, too. Call center managers just sat in their office all day looking busy, interacting with agents too infrequently, rarely having anything helpful to say. Worst work experience of my 25 year work history.

Advice to Management

Show some respect for your customers and employees and maybe you'll create a better professional reputation for yourself. But since the word 'respect' is an alien concept to you, I doubt you ever will.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Great Place to work but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been here 7 years and been promoted four times. If you work you will be rewarded. Fast paced not for those who just show up to work to get a paycheck and then while about here.

Cons

No company credit card. Must share hotel rooms when traveling in groups

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward

2. "Good company...but could be better"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Advice to Management

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance