DISH - Painful. | Glassdoor

"Painful."

Current Employee - Isa in Pine Brook, NJ
Current Employee - Isa in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent.It's a full time,permanent job that's always hiring

Meaning you can always leave and come back if necessary and you can get your friends hired if they need work....that's about it.

SOME room for growth or transfer to a different dept(if you stay long enough and kiss ass hard enough).

Cons

Almost everything else.Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

Be a normal company

.With normal time and attendance policies and disciplinary policies.(You can lie to a customer ,all day long but you can't come in one minute late basically.IM NOT JOKING).

.Stop with the mandatory overtime and hand out real benefits and you might keep people past 9 months.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Felix tech"

Current Employee - Felix Tech in Ashland, VA
    Current Employee - Felix Tech in Ashland, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work. If u like over time

Cons

Very very long hours a lot of driving.

Advice to Management

New managers take care of your techs and reward us

"Great first four years......past four years i would rather have worked in fast food"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay if you can achieve the now ridiculous metrics needed for tech level promotions.

Cons

You are micro managed in every aspect of your job down to how your van is organized and what items and how many of said items it is stocked with. Ridiculously strict management, in my office you are not even allowed to use the restroom in the mornings before leaving on your route or in the evenings until your of the clock. We go from mandatory OT ( with sometimes not even a days notice) to not even getting forty hours a week.

Advice to Management

You somehow have some great, hard working, and honest employees left, ease up on your leash a little bit and show them you actually care every once in a while ( if you actually do ) . To upper management take a good hard look at each and every one of your offices GM, IM, and FSM, ask your techs where the problems lie. I know we techs are the bottom feeders of this company but we are also the reason most of you have a job. We are the face of Dish to our customers and if we are not happy how can our customers be happy ??