DISH - Dish is not for the easily winded. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Dish is not for the easily winded."

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Norman, OK
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Norman, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. A lot of interaction with all likes of people. You don't have a manager up your a... all day long.

Cons

Long work days, normally about 10 hours a day but it could be in excess of 15 hours in a day. I only have to work 4 days a week at the moment because my office is over their quota for techs. However, if it drops below the quota then you may be required to work mandatory 5th days.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified management.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Completely content in mediocrity"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can make decent money
    Can be promoted fairly quickly
    I do believe that executive management has good vision for the future of the company; however, this vision is not trickling down to practial application at the staff/middle management level.

Cons

The majority of management has been promoted beyond their ability.
    There seems little interest in making the company better for the employees or customers.
    There is a strong "That's not my job" syndrome in management that makes customer service suffer and makes it difficult for those who actually want to solve a customer's problem.
    Benefit package is way below average.
    Management blames the high employee attrition rate on the difficulty of the work instead of focusing their own deficiencies.
    Communication between departments is virtually non-existent.

Advice to Management

Hire an external manager/director who has experience running call centers and keeping attrition low. this individual should have authority over both the sales and service departments Unfortunately you will not be able fix your problems by promoting from within for this position.

"A paycheck you'd want, A job you won't"

Former Employee - Field Technician
    Former Employee - Field Technician

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They give you a van, Dish television at a discount

Cons

This company awards under performance as long as you continue to sell their products. The less work you do the less work you are routed. The less jobs you have give you control over the metrics dish holds their techs accountable for. If you have high productivity and high completions, you'll end up with a much larger route (5-7 jobs a day). In the end the lazy tech and the productive tech often walk away with the same paycheck. This company does not value its techs. It does not value any numbers you can out perform. They will always want more. More jobs done, higher csats, more connectivity, higher production, and all this can go out the window as long as you sell.

Advice to Management

Understand that new and current employees feel friction everyday from the hostile work environment you allow a office to create. Start fresh.