DISH - Must be flexible and adaptable | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Must be flexible and adaptable"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Centennial, CO
Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DISH provides a lot of opportunity and highly promotes the internal job application process. The pay and benefits are good but not fantastic. DISH is a frugal company which is great for employee retention and company profitability. The company makes good choices and is concerned with innovation. As far as growth, DISH is on the up and up.

Cons

This is not so much a con as a warning. There is a lot of change happening all the time. If you are the type of person that doesn't like change and does not adapt easily to new ideas then DISH is not right for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue listening to employees needs.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Great co-workers, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Mabscott, WV
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Mabscott, WV

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free programming and the chance to meet new people on the route. will work with you if you are in the reserves. sometimes a four day work week. interesting job, very technical and always innovating new things.

Cons

poor leadership (although all fsm regularly attend training). too sales oriented, you are very pushed for sales, and sometimes will get in the way of performing your duties as a technician.in our office, lazy fsms are unwilling to help out once you leave the office, they play games on their phones and sit at the desk all day. normal overbooking and high employee turnover and call ins lead to regular 5 day weeks with 20-40+ hours overtime. It is not family friendly getting home after your little ones are in bed at anywhere from nine to midnight, starting over at 7am the next day.

Advice to Management

FSM and IM should stick their neck out there for their guys. When something completely asinine, redundant or productivity hindering comes down the line, please have the spine to stand up, say no, question why. Stop saying yes to everything handed down, it makes your employees wonder about your position. Stop and ask yourself, is solving the customer's problems and meeting their needs more important than selling them something to make your office and managers look good? Remember, we are technicians first, sales people last, please stop treating us like sales people.
    Also, your weekly training is ineffective, please stop wasting company funding on your training videos, and please stop wasting productivity on re-runs of the same videos weekly. Monthly training would be sufficient. Also, technicians do not need to be involved with weekly conference calls consisting mainly of sales figures, these items can be posted near the time clock, for anyone who wishes to know. these times in the morning are very unproductive wasting a total of 2-2.5 hours weekly . Please understand that our calendars are full, routes are busy, so please stop finding extra things for us to do, we understand the ask & earn, connectivity, we can handle this, please let us work, we do not have time to call, text, etc all day with the fsm. Our time is limited, and as most routes go, they never go as planned. please be respectful of our time.

"Sounds good at first, then all the lies are uncovered"

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Durango, CO
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Durango, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Plenty of hours if you have no family or life

Cons

-Service area is MUCH larger than they initially tell you. You could drive for hours if you're in a rural location
    -You will learn one way to do things in training and totally contradictory methods in the field
    -ZERO EFFICIENCY. You could have a job in one city, drive an hour to a different job in a different city, then drive BACK to where you came from for a 3rd job. Putting the two jobs together since you are in the same town in not allowed (and impossible with the system they use)
    -Benefits are laughable. Do NOT work here if you are in IRR (this is applicable to military members) since they will drop your benefits and fire you if you get a deployment.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees at all, especially when hiring them. You'd save a LOT more money. Instead of paying tons of overtime and for flights, hotels, and rental cars for people who only stick around 60 days, tell them what they were in for so they can decline. Saves everyone the time and hassle and saves you money.