DISH - overall good people to work with not to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"overall good people to work with not to work for"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Naperville, IL
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free equipment and programming, profit sharing, 4 day work week, overtime is good. Independent work in the field, not a lot of micromanaging in the field

Cons

Benefits suck. Can't believe in this day and age they have decided to eliminate mental coverage. Upper management has no idea what it is like in the field. Van layouts suck. Whom ever came up with that layout should come try to make it work in my van. Metrics are at times very hard to hit all of them.

Advice to Management

Take some more of the employee feedback and implement. Poorly stocked vans make it hard for techs to effectively work in the field. Bring in Mental coverage. God knows at dish we need it.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Ok for the money"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free tv service, people were ok to work with they always had items to give away and if you sold premium channels you could get gift cards to walmart or target.

Cons

Bonus system always changed and now they are more focused on sales. Because you may take different types of calls you may not meet the goals to get your bonus. QA is subjective depending on who is scoring you for that period. Due to business needs your schedule may be changed. During my time there I had 4 different schedules.

Advice to Management

none

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training was so much fun, we even had time to Celebrate coworkers birthdays.
    4 week training.
    "Free cable" $40 dlls discount which can cover most of the bill.

Cons

Dealing with customers with heavy accent... Specially when working graveyard you will get calls from 1 am to 5 am.
    They will force you to get their service with a 2 yr agreement and if you leave the company you will be stuck with them.
    They are in constant ending contracts with channels and when you have a bigger name company wanting to raise their prices DISH simply cuts them off and we have to deal with angry customers not getting their shows.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement does not work well for the company. Management are in desperately need of educated personal and not someone that just had his/her High School diploma.