DISH - If you want to be treated like a child, work at DISH | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"If you want to be treated like a child, work at DISH"

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Discounted cable service with all premium channels and service. This is the one and only benefit of working for the company.

Cons

Micromanagement - be prepared to have your manager spend more time watching what you do than working themselves.
Depressing work environment - walk around the cafeteria. All conversations center around the misery of working here.
DISH is the meanest company in America - google it. I would have said that before but nationally recognized publications agree.

Advice to Management

The golden rule. Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "n/a"

Current Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The career path that they provide to everyone. I like that we have PFP this helps show how much we appreciated as an individual I have the chance to learn something everyday and to prove the same learning experience to my co-workers. I have all the right tools to help with my daily task, just recently with our price changes this year I think this is the best way that we were trained for this and the tools that are provided to us are very useful/ In my opinion this is one of the smoothest price changes I have gone though so far.

Cons

I dislike the heath benefits I wished we had a better plan.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Making improvements"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady Pay. Chance for bonus pay. I am not sure about some of the reviews here. This company has been very good to me. Working with my going to school, helping pay for it. Getting constructive feedback on how to balance the required stats. Good work gets recognition and improves chance of moving up. I think the company is moving in the right direction business-wise and in improving the overall morale of employees

Cons

Dealing with irate customers. Having customers give a bad score when it had nothing to do with what you did. Those bad scores can cost you bonus and hurt your chance of moving up in the company. The way those scores are handled is not very effective but I am not sure for a better solution.

Advice to Management

Please look for ways to help with the customer survey. Not all bad scores are deserved by the agents