DISH - Ok for the money | Glassdoor

"Ok for the money"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free tv service, people were ok to work with they always had items to give away and if you sold premium channels you could get gift cards to walmart or target.

Cons

Bonus system always changed and now they are more focused on sales. Because you may take different types of calls you may not meet the goals to get your bonus. QA is subjective depending on who is scoring you for that period. Due to business needs your schedule may be changed. During my time there I had 4 different schedules.

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"overall good people to work with not to work for"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free equipment and programming, profit sharing, 4 day work week, overtime is good. Independent work in the field, not a lot of micromanaging in the field

Cons

Benefits suck. Can't believe in this day and age they have decided to eliminate mental coverage. Upper management has no idea what it is like in the field. Van layouts suck. Whom ever came up with that layout should come try to make it work in my van. Metrics are at times very hard to hit all of them.

Advice to Management

Take some more of the employee feedback and implement. Poorly stocked vans make it hard for techs to effectively work in the field. Bring in Mental coverage. God knows at dish we need it.

2. "Nice to be autonomous but pay is bad comparable to industry standard and long hours."

Current Employee - Field Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to be on your own all day and drive around while listening to music/podcasts.

Cons

Pay is low and tough to get a raise with hard metric goals. 12 hr days. Higher ups give orders in how to do a job even when it makes no sense. "Pi" metrics are hard to log into since they keep moving it around to different websites and sometimes the numbers don't seem to be true.

Advice to Management

Act like you care.