DISH - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Great company to work for"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative
Former Contractor - Sales Representative

I worked at DISH as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivation to sell
Decent pay for contracted workers

Cons

Long hours
Work in all weather conditions

Advice to Management

Look for key reps and promote them

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Worst company by FAR to work for...."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working at dish is 3 days off (as a Field Service Technician) and a decent discount on the TV bill...which I think should free...and thats about it!

Cons

Dish Network is the worst company I have ever worked for. I have never worked for such a poorly run company. They expect the world from the techs (and I'm sure every other employee) and give nothing back, not even the appropriate inventory/tools when needed.....

I have worked for the company for 3 years and they aren't even decent enough to give me a cost-of-living raise....not even a penny! For 3 years. Who does that and expects 100% out of their employees? The company has been designed for employees (in this case, technicians) to fail, not succeed. For instance:

Technicians are held accountable for things we have no control over. Ex: we go to a customer's house to install, if the customer doesn't have internet for us to connect to the receivers, we get "dinged" for it....or say the customer is a "dish mover", well most people tend to jump the gun when calling to have their service transferred, but most do not have their interent services moved yet. Who does that count against? The Technician. Or...we go to a customer's house to install/move. They do not have line of sight for the service because of trees, or maybe its an apartment and the dish has to be concealed within the balcony/porch and we can not provide service due to no line of sight....who does that count against? The Technician. These are a couple of areas you as a Technician at Dish will have to exceed in to become eligable for promotion.

I am a very hard worker and I do my job well, anyone I work with can tell you that. My productivity and completion numbers are among the highest in our office and some how I am not quite good enough for a raise. Not even a penny.

Truth is...I could give 100 reasons not to work for Dish Network. Word of advice, make it your absolute last resort!

Advice to Management

I could not even begin to tell "management" where to begin....I think the best solution is to either sell the company or close up shop.

"Dish - A good place to learn how NOT to manage."

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hmmmmmm, give me some time, I'll think of something. Uhm sorry nope, nothing comes to mind. Wait, wait, somethings coming...oh yeah, free top tier programming.

Cons

Uber micromanagement. Complete and utter lack of trust. Pay well below the market. They love to make the employees think they are easily disposable. My manager once said he wished he could just have a team of robots and that pretty much nails it.

Advice to Management

Get a grip. We are humans not machines. We care more about our families than work; it's why we work.