DISH - Loving my job. | Glassdoor

"Loving my job."

Pros

Create work enviroment. All support staff is always eager to help, from senior agents to the coaches and managers. Great training and good knowledge database. Varying shifts, plus bonuses and celebrations almost monthly. Plenty to do even when you're not working.

Cons

If you're not a person that's used to change, that is the one thing that may hold you back. This is an ever changing and evolving business and you have to learn to change with it. That may be the only drawback to someone that is looking for a normal 9-5 job. If there is a need for the customer, then we have to fulfill it.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Please stay away from this company"

Pros

My peers were really nice. We bonded over the terrible environment we were working in.

Cons

Absolutely ridiculous micro-management, badge system where if you arrive at work at 9:01 you need to write an email to your boss to why you were late to work. Yes, I'm serious.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and watch the company crumble. Do you wonder why the turnover is so high over there?

"The Forge of Hell is worked by sad little Zerglings."

Former Employee - Escapee From Mordor in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Escapee From Mordor in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Dish is a place to get some experience to start a career. You can build a set of skills that are very attractive on the job market if you are willing to work hard and learn.

The paychecks don't bounce

Free TV service with very good technology.

Cons

Dish is a place where many of the long time employees in management positions are A) not qualified for their position and B) unlikely to find a position with comparable pay elsewhere. They can (and do) act like wounded beasts because of this. Golden handcuffs can ruin more lives than just your own so make sure you don't get fitted with a pair engraved with "Dish".

Employee engagement is generally poor. There are several factors in this. One is poor leadership behavior. Dish is a university of how NOT to comport yourself like a leader of men and women. The preferred management practice is to rule through fear. Another is subpar compensation - many experienced employees leave because even a lateral move into another company means better pay. Employees are often stuck doing tedious work that requires little imagination or thought. This is because the Dish approach to many problems is best described with the term "Zergling rush", i.e., throwing lots of expendable, poorly paid people at big problems for hours (or days) on end. The slogan du jour in response to poor employee engagement is "Dish isn't for everyone" which is really just an excuse for bad management behavior.

Nearly every con at Dish derives in some way from employee engagement. This can be seen even at the top of the heap; the big dogs just want the money and they act like jerks because although they want the pay that comes with managing people I don't think they want to buy into the rest of the deal. Since turds roll downhill the whole valley is polluted.

Advice to Management

Many (probably most) of you need to step back, take a long hard look at what you've been doing in your career, and do something else. Very few of you will however. How else will you make the payments on all that stuff?