DISH - Hell in a handbasket | Glassdoor

"Hell in a handbasket"

Former Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always have openings due to the high turnover.

Cons

Horrible high pressure management. Treat employees like dirt. High turnover as they pride themselves in not having high number of people quite. Also low pay.

Advice to Management

Respect, train, and treat employees like humans.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"DISH- Did I Sleep Here DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good co workers to work with

Cons

This company blows, the hrs are way too long 10-14 hr days, and you have no life outside of work. Most of the time your tired from a long day of work. Company will keep you working until your dead!!! Unrealistic goals to meet, shitty equipment that always goes bad, goes out during rain storms. You work in bad weather conditions, rain, snow, heat, blizzards etc. You work holidays and get shitty pay. Training for new hires is a joke, you do work that level 4's do and are on your own on a job. Also you have to be a sales person and sell things that are over priced, all that management cares about is sales. Would mot recommend this job to anyone else, stay away from dish!!

Advice to Management

start to care about safety and not sales, bring techs back at 5pm

"Huge cluster"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working on your own all day, being outside, meeting new people, plenty of overtime, fellow employees are a pleasure to work with

Cons

Upper management has no idea what it is like to be a field technician. They need to go "undercover" to see what we go through on a daily basis. Not having the tools needed to function, stupid van layouts that make absolutely no sense, having quotas on sales, (I signed up to be a technician, not a salesman), insane minimum standards for promotion to next level, customer service that will tell the customer anything they want to hear, insane hours that seem to never end. They just added a 5-7 window and it is not anything that management sold us as employees. It is just another way to add 2 more hours to our day. Days will easily go 12 to 13 hours. Horrible insurance that covers nothing and is expensive. An HR department that lies to employees.

Advice to Management

What happened to the employee questioneer? You guys have done nothing to make working here any better than when you were voted worst company to work for ever. Start getting feedback from actual field technicians and act on it. The crap that we deal with on a daily basis never gets any better.