DISH - It just another job. | Glassdoor

"It just another job."

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist LV I(Technician) in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Field Service Specialist LV I(Technician) in Houston, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A pay check. Promotions if you can meet there performance metrics.

Cons

Upper management always covering their hind end first. Promised a lot of thing but never happens. Add more procedures to what we already have to do to make management job easier (lot of paperwork at the end of the day). Cares more about sales then helping to improve job performance. Being unable to install due to LOS or landlord count against you making it hard to get promoted. There are time you get OT(12-14 hr a day) and there are times they will send you home for having 36 hr (to prevent you from getting OT).

Advice to Management

Sales, sales, sales is all you care about.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Dished Off"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck, lots of friends/aquaintances

Cons

Underpaid, Underapreciated, agents lied to on the constant, lack of trained support staff, upper managment all to willing to say they have open door policy ect but never offer resolution beyond lying about what they will do for you to get you to walk out of their office, then avoiding you every time you mention what they promised, stressfull environment, terrible benifits, constant changes to metric goals, performance pay, goals and rules seems intentional to prevent "payouts/promotions": purposfully training agents on new subject matter at end of quarters just before performance reviews so that the learning curve on the new info will screw up the past 3 months of that employees hard work and metrics, and prevent payouts/promotions.
    Having to see(not occasionaly but often) employees with worse metrics, less time in seat, worse attendance records, and terrible attitudes get promotions you or other agents worked hard for and were promise for no other reason than politics and manipulation.
    In short you would prob. feel more appritiated as an individual and better taken care of if you purposed your life to picking up aluminum cans and panhandling for change.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you do, or at least quit lying about it. Give employees constants to work with instead of purposfully screwing with goals and metrics just to keep bonus payouts low and $ in management bill folds: actually train on changes instead of popping them on us 2 to 3 days in advance and just giving a crappy olt instead of actual training, even coaches can't answer half of the cx questions half the time. And most of all if I can walk in shoa's office and give the names of 5 pple who have more att. points, worse stats, less time in seat, and less overall cs experience than myself; that are being promoted over me there is a problem with that, instead of lying about future opportunities you don't intend on fufilling, give me a reason why my hard work is worth less than there mediocre attempts.

"It used to be fun...."

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay well, never ask to work off the clock. Coworkers are great and most are friends.

Cons

Management is horrible. Different shift managers invent their own policies and they don't discuss it with others, but are quick to reprimand. Had dinner plans? Sorry, a customer called in at 4 and they live an hour away, no negotiations, you must go. Expect your FSM to have your back? No, he will more than likely throw you under, but only when the GM is there. Otherwise, he wants to be your best friend. Slimy leadership all the way to the top. Mgmt is more concerned about your metrics and theirs than anything else. Also, dish has recently patted themselves on the back for "going green". I havent seen any difference in how things are done. In fact, my driving times have increased tenfold, and I'm continually passing other coworkers traveling in the opposite direction. Don't forget, "everyone is a salesman", and you can always do "just one more", just don't expect them to do "one more" for you.

Advice to Management

Don't send emails encouraging us to review our job. Trust our feedback and actually do something about it, not collect it for future use. Too many chiefs trying to carve new trails.