DISH - DISH is a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"DISH is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am more empowered that any place I have worked in 20 years. My managers allow me the freedom to contribute in a creative and meaningful way. I have a lot of autonomy. I am valued for my skills, education and experience. I am on the first truly high performing team of my career.

Cons

Having to badge out and no work from home

Advice to Management

Let go of the badge report (really) and watching people's time on site. I worked about 20 hours at home this weekend on a project (my choice). So the badge report does not accurately show my time contributions.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, co-workers, pay is okay, could be better

Cons

unrealistic metrics, management, hostile enviornment

Advice to Management

stop promoting individuals who are not qualified, and who sleep there way to the top!

2. "Does it surprise anyone that many of the negative posts about Dish are from 'former employees'?"

Current Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - General Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity for advancement...if you work hard, get better, and stay focused!
    Constantly providing opportunity for additional training at every level in the organization whether it's additional leadership training for managers, or training technicians on Smart Home Services and Dishnet...the company is always offering opportunities to better yourself.
    The company is aware of the negative perception and cares about it...a HUGE deal! DIsh has changed the holiday scheduling, pay, and training for technicians based on technician feedback and is rolling out new uniforms to provide more comfort to technicians in the field later this year.

Cons

As many of the negative reviewers will say, it's not an 'easy' place to work. The environment is fast paced, always challenging, and performance is measured. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, this is not the company for you. However, I've found that anything in life 'worth' having, doesn't come 'easy'. Long hours can be tough on family life but, everyone is up front about the hours before you come on board so, I don't think that's unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Fight back! The rating of Dish on the website is obsurd...we need more CURRENT employees to voice their opinions and let the truth come out. Those of us here that care, appreciate the opportunities Dish offers if you rise to the challenge!