DISH - Excellent opportunities at an organization headed in the right direction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Excellent opportunities at an organization headed in the right direction."

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team – You get to work with really smart, driven people who care about delivering great work. My team is my favorite thing about DISH.

Opportunity – Great performance is rewarded with new opportunities and stretch assignments. If you push yourself to be great, you will be rewarded with career growth.

Industry – DISH is cutting edge and will keep pushing the industry to evolve. It’s exciting to be a part of that.

Cons

Time off and holidays are not abundant.

The organization is very lean, and departments are smaller than comparable organizations. This means everyone is expected to deliver more work with less. It’s something to be aware of, but not necessarily a bad thing if you thrive in fast paced environments.

Advice to Management

The organization has made great improvements in the last 12-18 months. Keep up the progress! Current employees recognize this.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Reach for the stars.....or satellites in this case!"

Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO
    Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with! I love the commitment that dish has to the management team by sending us to lots of management training. In my oppinion DISH has realistic expectations and are clear about the core metrics.

Cons

Trust me... I did not take the position for the salary. I have subordinates that live in the same town as I do that make more money at just 40 hours a week than I do. If you add overtime into the mix they blow me out of the water. I took this position for the expierience. Other than that, I bleed red and black.

Advice to Management

Yes, our core metrics are very clear if you are meeting expectations, but anything else is grey if you are hitting the mark or not. In my oppinion first level management is under appreciated. It does say something when subordinates make more money than thier manager. It shows where the companies priorities are...

"Falling short"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My peers and the pay. If it weren't for either of those things, I probably would go work at Time Warner Cable.

Cons

- Crap benefits. What kind of insurance plan does not cover immunizations? For those of us who have children, immunizations are a fact of life. The two plans are either low cost-low deductible, but it only covers until $10,000, OR an extremely high-deductible plan that you might reach the deductible if you happen to see the doctor a lot, until then you're on your own.

- Work environment. I don't know about corporate, but the office here in Hilliard is crap. Our parking lot is in desperate need of repaving. All of the chairs are broken or missing. The desks and computers don't seem to ever be cleaned. I don't even want to know what's hiding between the keyboard keys. It's disgusting. Nice job putting a ping pong table and a foosball table in our breakroom, but how something more useful, such as an actual cafeteria? Or something that serves decent food for those who only have 30 minute lunches. The wheel of death is not that enticing. So corporate gets a nice fancy office, but we're stuck with an office that is well past it's prime?

- Sick time. You have to be with the company for at least 2 years before you are given sick time. Other call centers in the area, such as Time Warner or Chase, will give you sick time and personal time after 90 days of employment.

- Advanced Technical Support does not receive bonuses for our work. Frontline is able to achieve bonuses based on statistics, why is that not available for Dr. Dish? I understand that it's a voluntary reward, but why reward one set of agents, but not another. The only thing I can see is that we make a higher hourly wage and they probably don't want to pay the bonuses for it.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should get to know your employees. You say you're going to change, then do it. I haven't seen any changes that actually benefit us. A ping pong table is nice and all, but is that really what you should be investing in for employee satisfaction?