DISH - Excellent opportunities at an organization headed in the right direction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Excellent opportunities at an organization headed in the right direction."

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team – You get to work with really smart, driven people who care about delivering great work. My team is my favorite thing about DISH.

Opportunity – Great performance is rewarded with new opportunities and stretch assignments. If you push yourself to be great, you will be rewarded with career growth.

Industry – DISH is cutting edge and will keep pushing the industry to evolve. It’s exciting to be a part of that.

Cons

Time off and holidays are not abundant.

The organization is very lean, and departments are smaller than comparable organizations. This means everyone is expected to deliver more work with less. It’s something to be aware of, but not necessarily a bad thing if you thrive in fast paced environments.

Advice to Management

The organization has made great improvements in the last 12-18 months. Keep up the progress! Current employees recognize this.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Reach for the stars.....or satellites in this case!"

Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO
    Current Employee - Remote Field Service Manager in Montrose, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with! I love the commitment that dish has to the management team by sending us to lots of management training. In my oppinion DISH has realistic expectations and are clear about the core metrics.

Cons

Trust me... I did not take the position for the salary. I have subordinates that live in the same town as I do that make more money at just 40 hours a week than I do. If you add overtime into the mix they blow me out of the water. I took this position for the expierience. Other than that, I bleed red and black.

Advice to Management

Yes, our core metrics are very clear if you are meeting expectations, but anything else is grey if you are hitting the mark or not. In my oppinion first level management is under appreciated. It does say something when subordinates make more money than thier manager. It shows where the companies priorities are...

"The company feels misdirected and seem to not care about things they should."

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing really positive about the company is the pay is above average.

Cons

Benefits are terrible, third party health companies are much better. Management is the biggest issue in my department. There is no leadership and there is zero accountability for any of the employees. I have talked with my supervisor, my floor manager, my floor managers boss and the boss of that person and none of them seem to care! They all just seem shocked to hear about the problems then ignore them. Then these same people send emails saying they have no clue why employees are so unhappy, it just feels like everyone is here to collect a paycheck and no one cares about the customer.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable and care for your employees, there are so many problems at Dish and none of them will be fixed until people start to care.