DISH - always afraid i have worked for this company for over a decade and what once use to be a great place is now a nightmare | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"always afraid i have worked for this company for over a decade and what once use to be a great place is now a nightmare"

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

if you can wade through all the BS from upper management and stick with the job eventually the pay is great, yes we do get some TV for free but not everything. honestly i use to love working herre but in the last two years this place has totally changed.the only reason why i have stayed is the pay.

Cons

there is no trust in this company and it seems the further up the chain or the more money you make the more upper management tries to find reasons to not give you a raise or fire you. there is no consistency in what management does , one person gets in trouble for this another does not , lower management is forced to do write uos on techs for low PPH and it does not matter that the tech had twice as much drive time as others. were held responsible for our productivity but a dispatch team in another state has control of our routes and all they care about is the complete because PPH do not effect them. if you file a complaint then every one comes after you you get put on a coaching plan. if your numbers are good and you are eligible for a promotion and your manager messes up on the paper work then you get hosed and have to wait for the next aoppertuinity.

i personnally have filed complaints about my upper management and now i wait every week for some one to tell me im fired there is no team work and no trust in this corporation its just upper management and HR against lower management and techs.

i know alot of us are looking for work else where the attrition here has been getting better vut if this continues im sure that wil drop back down the only thing keeping people here now is the pay as for career well going from FSS 1 to FSS 4 is great but every one see's how the FSM's are treated and i would say 95 % of the techs do not want to be a FSM. and then from there you need a degree and with split shifts its hard to go to college so thats out

Advice to Management

stop being hitler. you have all this training about trust then no one follows it. upper management needs to follow up on thier managers, what i mean by that if a tech is doing poorly number wise instead of consulting him with a PCP or write up how about finding out why, is his manager fault ? and if so why , is it the Operationals managers fault?and if so why , is it the GM's fault ? instead of every one assuming because the GM said it was the techs fault it is his fault. 70 % of the time you will find out its because there is no consitent support from up the chain heck half the time i find out whats going on or how to do things from my piers i have gone over a month and a half with out any comunication from management. im so frustrated and tired good luck i really hoe this place can get better but i just dont see it happening in the time frame i need

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"The worst place to work in America"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than being unemployed or begging for money

Cons

You are treated like a factory worker in a 3rd world company.

Advice to Management

Employees should form a union,

2. "Wish I could stay longer! I've enjoyed working for Dish"

Former Employee - Advance Tech in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Advance Tech in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed working with my supervisors. Good pay and benefits, opprtunity for growth and relocation throughout the US. I know of several people that relocated to other locations for growth potentail. Loved the food days and managers interactions and recognition for even little things I did. My supervisor was very knowledagble and helpful.

Cons

Hire better quality employees for greater success. Schedules but I must say that the senior management team is extremely understanding and accomodating. I had a personal situation due to which I left but will go back if I ever get an opportunity again. If you have patience to handle back to back calls with no breathing room and can deal with angry customers then you can survive. There are some great supervisors and managers and some just dont care.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work stay postive and take a hard look at management.