DISH - Integrity? | Glassdoor

"Integrity?"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Direct Sales Agent in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is money to be made in Direct Sales at DISH. There is advancement opportunity as well, if you can make it.

Cons

You can NOT trust management. I have never seen a sales organization that tries so hard to derail or get rid of their top performers. Comp plan is so ridiculously complex that no one can understand it.

Advice to Management

Simplify the pay plan, and look out for your employees. Lead, don't always threaten and try to motivate with fear.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"I cannot understand the rating for DISH"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very flexible with sick days, paid time off
    large break room with air hockey, tv, pool tables, gym on site
    positive supervisors
    incentives to perform well (prizes, increased pay for hitting metrics)
    jean passes if you donate to charity
    preferred parking for performing well.
    great training and trainers

Cons

none if you have a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

I would just like to say that DISH is a great place to work, however, it is definitely not for everyone. A special type of person is required for customer service and even more so at DISH. We are in an industry where customers are strapped for cash and addicted to their television. As a customer service rep you must be empathetic and prepared to deal with the occasional upset customer. The issue with DISH is that they tend to hire most people who apply. People these days tend to want things without work and effort. Unfortunately it seems that DISH will hire these people who simply cannot handle the job. My advise to people who complain about it is to quit. Work hard, be patient, and have a positive attitude is all you need at DISH. So please, buck up buttercup. DISH will work with you if you work with them. Dont like it? quit.

2. "I found my dream job!"

Current Employee - Project Manager/IDD in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager/IDD in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Treated as an adult in the work place, expected to be working, and no one looking over my shoulder every 30 minutes to make sure. I am trusted to do my job.
    -Given support and encouragement from co-workers, supervisors, and upper management to think outside the box, produce excellent results, and succeed. I am supported, not pressured.
    -Provided opportunities to increase my skills, knowledge, and position in the company. I always have the feeling that I can move upward in the company if I choose to do so.
    -Almost al the people I work with are friendly, helpful, and trustworthy! I love to go to work everyday.
    -Company rewards its employees for a job well done, creates a feeling of community and family within the organization, and upper management listens to all levels of employees to get feedback and continue to make DISH a great place to work.

Cons

As in many companies and aspects of life, communication can be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen, when discussing issues and procedures that impact any particular employee group or all, include a few members at random from the affected group. They may just listen, but I would be willing to bet they would provide valuable insight that those who do not actually work in their environment, at their level would not think of.