DISH - Not bad | Glassdoor

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is varied and you're given the independence to be out working on your own without constant supervision. You'll get to meet lots of different people and I learned quite a bit from it. Plenty of overtime. Holiday pay and bonuses a nice perk.

Cons

The hours are unpredictable. You may be out until midnight or you may be home by 7, but I hardly ever get clocked out without overtime. The company has started moving more towards a sales focus for technicians too.

Crawl spaces and dirty homes.

Getting promoted is dependent on maintaining a flawless job quality level. If you have a strict quality assurance guy, that means no promotions.

Advice to Management

Management at the local office has been wonderful. Higher up management hasn't caused me any problems, so I guess keep on not causing problems.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Dish is a great place to work if you are dedicated to your job"

Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of upward mobility they promote from within. Managers are helpful and truly care about their direct reports. Great people from security to the site director. Abundant efforts to change the culture and workplace environment. Shifts improved 100% 10010010001000%.understanding of the work/life balance. with and the

Cons

It can be a little tough when you first start to get the call flow down but if you stick with it and dedicate yourself to being great then you will be.

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes in regards to work/life balance and get better health insurance.

"Okay at first then a nightmare!"

Former Employee - FSS1
    Former Employee - FSS1

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training, Attentive instructors. Get your own truck (as a remote tech). Provide all your tools.

Cons

Rules constantly changing. Ridiculous metrics, unattainable consistently. Poorly trained managers.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Have an independent company review how you operate and obtain TRULY anonymous employee feedback. Then you will see why you score so low. Joe, you have good intentions. Get rid of the Charlie way of doing things. I saw your interview about Charlie. You have never seen him be, lets say a bad person? You won't while having tea and crumpets. Look at your high turnover rate. "Dish is not for everybody". Cop-out. If you truly believed what you are saying, you would see about making things better for all and you would retain those whom you speak of.