DISH - At Dish you are just a number not a person | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"At Dish you are just a number not a person"

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free programming, 40k match, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Horrible medical benefits, poor management style, terrible performance appraisal process

Advice to Management

Right now is a big push for everyone to get their degree and little do you all realize many are using you for the tuition reimbursement and then plan to leave because you do not pay enough for people with degrees. I had my degree long before coming to Dish and I can say everything I do is from my years experience at Dish and nothing to do with my degree. Also with the talent planning and supervisors asking if employees have degrees has lead to supervisors without degrees to create a hostile work environment towards direct reports with degrees. We have people from management to senior management in the wrong positions. There are way too many bad decisions being made at all levels. Read the laws for the states you have locations, read the DOL laws, read your federal laws and follow them. It might enlighten you to why you face so many lawsuits. I am certainly surprised a company of this size can not follow the laws but again this is what happens when you have the wrong people in positions of leadership. Moral, having free food sometimes is not going to help moral. You need to start treating employees like people, not a number. Give us better medical benefits. Look at your leaders and make sure they are right for that position. Stop making empty promises. Learn the laws ( hint: should really understand salary non-exempt not paying time and a half and fluctuating work week). Understand that length of employment, loyalty and job results should be more important than forcing degrees on everyone. Change your performance appraisal process. You should not lower a person's score just to give them a lower raise. If you really believe that no one falls under exceeds or exceptional maybe you are hiring the wrong people or that your management staff is not developing their people. If you are worried about attrition maybe you should stop looking for reasons to fire someone and look for reasons to keep them. Realize if a person has been in a position long term this does not automatically mean the are not good enough to move up, it could mean they enjoy their job and happy there and it works well with creating their work/life balance. Before we go on major talent planning firing sprees maybe the ones making the decision to fire people should be evaluated. If a company has as many issues as this one, need to evaluate fro the top down, not the bottom to the top!

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. ""Better than what Say""

Current Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are looking to advance fast, I have been with the company for only two years and I enjoy every minute of it, The management team in place is great they help me out with all my concerns.

Cons

Cant think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!!!

2. "A good place to work!"

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some of the best reasons to work at Dish are - a management team that tries hard to provide a fun atmosphere to work in for the agents, competitive pay and benefits, and opportunity to advance.

Cons

some of the downsides to working with Dish are - favoritism when it comes to employee treatment, difficulty getting help with career advancement, and the schedules. much like working with any company it has its ups and downs.