DISH - Career Advancement | Glassdoor

"Career Advancement"

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA
Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good working environment, job security

Cons

Low salary for supervisors, no career advancement, poor motivation, too much poltics

Advice to Management

Gives room for internal employee job advancement

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"On Glass Door Dish is yet again the worst place to work, at and below is why."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Scheduling has gotten better. There are more weekend shifts available now.

I love my Coach if it wasn't for him I would be gone I don't know how he does it though.

Cons

At Dish there is a lot of behind closed doors promoting. Not enough structural procedures in place to groom the next leaders of the business. No matter how skilled you are or how well you do they put in place who they like. My boss is one of the best bosses I have ever had and he does way more then anyone else in his position and is looked over for promotions which destroys my morale and confidence in thinking that I can make it to the next level.

They also changed a teams schedule due to the football season. The team's schedule they changed just received Sat Sun. off on July 13th 2013. The team now has Friday Saturday off. These agents performed well enough to get one of the best shifts to just watch it be snatched away from them and what was told to them by a leader was SUCK IT UP. This was totally demoralizing to that team and their survey stats have reflected that.

The company has a customer satisfaction survey that we can't educate customers on that the survey fully reflects on us as the agent if we do we could be fired. If the customer has a problem with the company and not the agent but does not leave that on the voice mail (they can leave a 90 second voice mail at the end of the survey) then it cannot be overturned. This effects our stats if we don't meet 100% to goal then we do not qualify for an incentive bonus. There is no outlined dispute process and this demoralizes us as agents when are Coaches hear the voice mail and say it was company policy that the customer was not happy with or they don't get a voice mail call the customer back and they say they made a mistake and it cannot be overturned. No matter the small percentage this may be you average a 1 and five 5's that equals 4.33%. The goal is 4.44% so if you get a 1 that is not accurate and cannot be overturned that puts you under goal.
    The other thing about CSAT that is horrible is that our Supervisors have to call the customers back instead of having an unbiased CSAT survey team (which there is already one that only fields disputes) to call the customer back so if the customer makes a mistake they can log this and make sure that they remove the score.
    A lot of customers can't even press the right buttons on the remote to get it reprogrammed so what makes us sure that they can get it right on a survey over the phone.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your Agents. Stop having people in Management positions that don't really care about the Agents. I only see my manager when they have something to say to me or my team not when they want to see if I have something to say. You want a more positive culture at Dish then put the more positive people in the positions and it will be more positive. If you look at resource Center they are on the phones and field our call ins as agents and they need some phone training. We are internal customers the more agents that are lost the less internal agents/customers of yours that you have. You are running out of people in the New River Valley that haven't heard how bad Dish is or have already found out for themselves. So take better care of your agents instead of saying suck it up. Promote your coaches and Team Leads that actually are positive and productive. You all went through some trust training and I don't know how much you trust us but I know we don't trust that you care about us and what our concerns are about.

Speak the truth stop covering things up.

Fix CSAT

Take care of your Coaches if they are excited coming to work everyday us as agents that aspire to career path to that position will be excited to work hard to get there. You can't treat your coaches like crap and not expect their attitude to stink.

If an agent is in the top 10 of the call center come by and speak to them that will mean so much coming from senior management.

People don't care about your position in that call center as much as they care to know that you care about about the people under you in their positions.

Don't have a Dish Forum to post comments and then come down on us when we use it because you look like your inept to handle internal call center issues.

"VERY deceptive management practices"

Current Employee - Phone Agent in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Phone Agent in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Cons

Management - All levels - From coaches up through executive level. Benefits are HORRIBLE!!

Advice to Management

Stop making promises and then back out. Stop encouraging employees to leave positive feedback on glassdoor.com then copy/paste/email the feedback to management. Accept your rank as worst employer in America until you make REAL changes for the better!