DISH - This is a deadened job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"This is a deadened job."

Current Employee - Still Just An Agent in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Still Just An Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company has invested lots of time and resources into changing the culture. Upper management is spending more time at each site.

Cons

I can't figure out how you can get promoted in this place. Ive worked with many of those that have been recently promoted and I know that most maintained their numbers by not following the rules. There is a vicious cycle of managers teaching coaches how to manipulate, coaches teaching agents and so on. You will only get generic feedback and generally it is the same feedback given to all applicants for the promotion.
I wasn't shocked by the earlier post made by a manager when he wrote about weeding people out. This manager is exactly the reason that talented people will not stay with Dish.

Advice to Management

If you want to change the culture at Dish you need to start with the managers that continue to "Weed" out talented people. If you want to really know what goes on in Phoenix, have a round table in which you randomly pick agents and don't invite any staff members.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Better than the reputation"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support from other techs and management, lots of overtime, your voice is heard.

Cons

Long hours, metrics that sometimes don't make sense.

Advice to Management

Keep soliciting feedback from line workers.

2. "Techs forced to work with opposed standards. QOS and Points per hour."

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Seattle, WA

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Training program is OK.

Cons

QA standards of install are good, however time allowed for installs is barely enough even if there are no issues with the location. For example it is not unusual for the receivers to take the same amount of time to download and install the software as was actually allocated for the install. For the end user this means quick and dirty rules the day. The Cell phones issued barely work 30% of the time and if the installer does not have a personal phone with mapping and GPS he will often be unable to find the location.... Tools employed are OK, but load outs, tools and uniforms do not take into account local conditions. Field service managers have no control over the routes and no way to assign additional time to a call so screwed up installs, No grounds, house wrapped in gobs of cable never get fixed.

Advice to Management

Not all regions are the same, you should hire some QA folks to test gear before deploying it. Sometimes the guys and gals doing the job could provide you some useful insight.