DISH - Dish has been great to me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Dish has been great to me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the 4 years I have been with the company, Dish has given me the opportunity to grow and promote. It has not been easy, we all can complaint about angry customers or long calls, but that is what a call center is all about. I like that my coaches have been there for me, they have done all they can to help me understand the business and develop my skills. When I came to work I got paid and when I did my job right, I got bonuses. Money has not been an issue, between hourly wages, p4p and upsell payouts I could get decent money every paycheck.
I have visited other call centers here at Dish, and I like the culture here in Phoenix, maybe because this is where I work, but the coaches and Managers seemed more involved with the agents, I like that my manager asks me about my life and he cares for what is happening to me outside work. Local management has worked with me every time I needed something like a day off or special schedule for a day.
When I started I had some attendance issues, but after I realized my job was a priority, I haven’t had any issues. I am surprised with the attendance policy we have here, if you have any absences they will be deleted after 90 days, all you need to do is be punctual for 90 days and you will have 0 absences. And even with that, we have tons of agents in finals because they cannot make it on time for 90 days.

Cons

I definitely agree our training is not the best and it is not a priority, we try to function with as minimum training as we can, as agents we are trained to handle our calls, but there is not much advance training, we have to learn on the phones with the customers.
Benefits are not good; I would give up TV for a better health insurance plan.

Overall Dish has been great to me, I don’t think I will always work for Dish, but I come every morning wanting to do the best I can to help the company. It is not easy to work here, it is not for everybody, but it is a good company to work for. If you are applying to work here, learn three things. 1) Come to work even if you don’t feel like coming in. 2) work hard, do not cut corners. 3) Realize this is not a perfect company, but there is room to grow.

Advice to Management

Look into a better insurance plan for your employees.
You have to invest money to make money, invest on training and tools to better do our jobs.
We have too many metrics (9) and we do not even understand some of them and yet we have to perform well in all of them.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Have to find second job after pay decreases"

Current Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Resolution Specialist in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no real pros to working at dish other then free tv service.

Cons

This is the worst company I have worked for during a recent shake up in the organization I had to take a huge pay cut. I work in customer service in the executive resolution department during a recent change our pay for performance was taken away and was given a slight increases in pay overall I still took about a 35% pay decreases. I'm now looking for a second job to cover my bills or a first job that will pay people fair compensation.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to pay employees fair wages.

2. "Motivated individuals will succeed and have great careers!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at DISH (More than a year)

Pros

401K, employee stock purchase, 4 day work week for technicians, team atmosphere.

Cons

If you come to work prepared and motivated you will be very successful. If you are a procrastinator and only want to be a mediocre employee then Dish is not for you.

Advice to Management

Let's focus on the positives and continue to move in the right direction to keep morale at an all time high. PAW Up!!!