DISH - not a family friendly place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"not a family friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

hours are great pay is great

Cons

never having saterday and sundays off to spend time with fam no matter how long you worked there and grown with company. they need monday threw friday shift. you can never ask that thow they think your trying to pull a fast one . i dont get it . seems like a bunch of haters who hate kids

Advice to Management

change some shifts for sinior techs not EVERYBODY . is that realy so hard to ask and get done realy

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Regional Resource Center Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Resource Center Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have a great manager that works with any issue to get the best possible solution. He is willing to go that extra step to make sure our employees are taken care of. My peers are great supervisors and we mesh well to make the best of what we have. I'm happy with my position with Dish and can't wait for new opportunities within the company.

Cons

Benefits aren't the best but we use them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Our ccompany has one of the worst benefits packages and it will eventually make or break us in the future.

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is varied and you're given the independence to be out working on your own without constant supervision. You'll get to meet lots of different people and I learned quite a bit from it. Plenty of overtime. Holiday pay and bonuses a nice perk.

Cons

The hours are unpredictable. You may be out until midnight or you may be home by 7, but I hardly ever get clocked out without overtime. The company has started moving more towards a sales focus for technicians too.

Crawl spaces and dirty homes.

Getting promoted is dependent on maintaining a flawless job quality level. If you have a strict quality assurance guy, that means no promotions.

Advice to Management

Management at the local office has been wonderful. Higher up management hasn't caused me any problems, so I guess keep on not causing problems.