DISH - Misleading and exhausting. | Glassdoor

"Misleading and exhausting."

Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Suwanee, GA
Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Suwanee, GA

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Various opportunities to meet people of different cultures and different backgrounds. For the most part if you're not in management, the technicians will usually work a four day on three day off work schedule.

Cons

Very demanding and exhausting with very little support.

Advice to Management

Stop being bias and prejudgemental.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Roller coaster ride. Even when you perform, your job is still not secure."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're good or stuck between a rock and a hard place, sales an inside sales rep, you wil be able to make money and provide. However..

Cons

There are constant changes in the verbiage and it as if management sits back and figure out more ways to steal money from you. If you don't sell there crappy data limited internet but instead sell a third party, you lose money. If you're 1 minute late you lose your weekly muliplier. Qualify a customer, but it turns out the customer has a pre-paid card 5332, 5111, etc...u lose the sale, u lose money. If a customer does not have a credit card/debit card/or anyone in their house for that matter, u lose money. The ONLY way, I repeat, the ONLY way for agents to make money and maintain a 30% CR is to "play the system" Which if you are FAVORED you will get away with. If you are NOT in the in crowd, just another $60,000 disposable worker - you're fired. They're are PLENTY of agents who get away with mismatching customers ss/cc numbers. Charging customer credit cards without consent. If you were to look at their file, you wouldn't understand why they are stlil employed there. Its a crappy favored system. When applying to company, remember..60/70 hours per week means nothing!! Personal sacrifice from family and kids doesn't matter. They are going to ride you and FIRE you when its convenient for them. Coaches/Leads have no power. You could be number 1 in your office and they'll fire you.

Advice to Management

Stay home, lay in your bed, get a pillow, and suffocate yourself. You care about noone else but YOURSELF. Its your good workers. The people with families that are busting there ass spending more time at the job then actually do at home. These ppl don't need a worthless thank you card (not that we get it anyway) We need security!! I have a friend who's been out of work for 5 months. She has a 2 year son and due to the fact that this company is built on sandy grounds, I would not recommend this job for her.

"An entry level stepping stone... I got my experience and got out."

Former Employee - Analyst Developer I in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst Developer I in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As my first job out of college, the experience of working for a large company was valuable. I was able to work at a scope and impact level that I couldn't at a small company. Looks good on my resume.

Cons

The environment at Dish is extremely depressing. They do nothing to keep their employees happy yet expect them to work long hours for under market pay. Anyone of value realizes they can move on and be treated and compensated much better.

Advice to Management

While it is important to center the focus of your company around the customer, it is equally important to put emphasis on your employees' happiness. Employees that are happy to go into work everyday are going to work hard feel more inclined to give a little extra, thus accomplishing the original goals of customer satisfaction.