DISH - Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Live in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains! Ride your bike to a great office in Meridian, just south of Denver. Professionally I was pushed out of my comfort zone and assigned tasks that were beyond my experience, but this made me grow professionally and I was eventually rewarded with a promotion as I began to take risks and propose new ideas.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work long hours, and sometimes you're not even thanked for it. The pay isn't exceptional. In fact it's less than at competitors according to this website.

High turnover of employees from entry level to high level executives. There were 3 CMOs in the 4 years I worked there.

The pay television industry is mature, and all cable/satellite providers are struggling.

Advice to Management

Retain your best employees -- too many have left for better paying jobs at with your competitors.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-It's a great environment
    -The people are friendly and fun
    -It offers A TON of opportunities for advancement and growth
    -The management is open to communication and hearing more from everyone
    -Constantly improving the company, products and services, as well as the leaders with training programs and input

Cons

-Depending on what area you're working in, some of the work can be repetitive, but that just depends where you start

2. "always a fresh challenge and an opportunity to learn"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work as a front end software developer in the New York City office, so it may or may not be relevant to other offices and departments. Here's my 2 cents:
    - Leadership: I enjoy working with industry veterans from companies that Dish and its subsidiaries have acquired like Move Networks and Sling -- two of the earliest online video companies
    - Innovation: Our team at Dish is always working on new platforms and systems and pushing the envelope! Exploring Roku, Smart TVs, new mobile platforms. This lets me keep learning and developing myself professionally.
    - Vision: Dish seems to have a clear long term vision which includes the wireless industry. I like working in a company that's growing!
    - Opportunity: Dish has a disproportionate number of young managers and leaders. Management seems to notice when someone takes initiative

Cons

- large company with so many employees means the deployments are slow and any organizational change takes years!
    - not enough PDO