DISH - Upper management doesnt have a clue because all they look at are the skewed numbers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Upper management doesnt have a clue because all they look at are the skewed numbers."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Actual work of installing is good, rest of the bs is not.

Cons

Routing of techs is a joke. Techs job performance based mostly on things the tech has no control over like if customer has internet to connect rec, bad info have to reschedule because customer does not provide correct info. Trying to shove sales down the throat of techs and not focusing on the real problems of the company.

Advice to Management

Get your nose out of the skewed reports (techs know how to skew the numbers in their favor with less than reputable means and make it worse for techs that will not stoop to those tactics) and figure out what is really going on in the field

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "The grass is greener on the other side"

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule and discounted tv service. I was able to work about 4 hours a day and no one knew.

Cons

Where do I start? I was laid off after the annual re org of the company. Dish does this every year around November and December. They need to save money so they eliminate a bunch of jobs. The severance package is 1 months pay and you have to sign a waiver within 21 days to get it. No matter how many years you worked there it's the same package. Pretty pathetic that a huge company treats people like that. The culture is awful and employees are miserable. You aren't able to go to HR because they go and tell everyone what you said. People put fake reviews on here to make it sound like its a wonderful place to work. I was employed for 6 years and I can't believe I survived that long. They have won the award for worst company to work for 2 years in a row and I'm sure they will win again this year. They don't care about the customers or the retailers. They will gut employees whenever they have a chance. The benefits are a joke and expensive. The base salary is way below standards as is the mileage paid for travel. It's .45 per mile. Expense reports take weeks to get back. Everything is mailed and delayed. Bonuses are capped which allows them to keep the majority of the money. This company is well known to be a pain in the butt to deal with. Here is some advice don't work here. If you need too just give it a year and get out. You will be laid off before you know it.

Advice to Management

Your company is getting worse.

"Worst company to work for in America for two years in a row, and they earned it."

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount of Dish service. Decent raises for good performers when they don't find an excuse not to give them. Profit sharing in Dish stock is nice, but it only performs well because they are bleeding their employees dry.

Cons

No respect for employees' lives. Constant mandatory changes to schedule, including making you work extra days, extending appointment windows for extremely long days, calling you in on your days off. No job security. They created a system with rules everyone has to break to complete their jobs, so they can fire anyone whenever they feel like it. Terrible health insurance. Terrible starting pay and terrible salaries for management. Everything they do to "improve life at Dish" is just a trade. Give you something, but make you pay for it somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Learn that employees are human beings, not tools, and should be treated accordingly.