DISH - 2 years in marketing department | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"2 years in marketing department"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working in the Dish marketing program after doing an internship here 2 years ago. I'm on the digital marketing team, so we oversee media buys, ppc, SEO, social media, etc. Our team is fairly small, so I get to work on a lot of diverse projects and get a lot of responsibility.

In 2 years, I have learned a lot more than my cohort from school. I manage vendors, go through proposals from agencies, and got a lot of practical digital marketing experience. Our team is a good mix of experienced managers who give us feedback and direction but don't usually micromanage.

Other pros include living in Denver and a good work/life balance (I work 830 - 6pm usually).

Stock options have also been great since the Dish stock has increased a lot in the last 2 years.

Cons

PTO is fairly limited, benefits aren't great. Badge reports have supposedly been removed, but they're still used internally even if they aren't as strictly enforced.

Advice to Management

Loosen up on employee policies like badge report, vacation time, sick days.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"can be challenging, ultimate you control your income"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first job working in sales and the first few months were very challenging. At first the calls terrified me and I almost quit thinking that it wasn't a good fit for me. On the verge of leaving, my coach asked me to give her 1 more month. The whole team was supportive and by the end of the month I was starting to make sales.

Even though I'm docked to your phone/computer, work is fast paced and the days go by quickly. Some weeks I work a lot of OT, but then other weeks I can scale back. Very flexible about OT hours.

This has been a great experience and i'm glad I stuck through the challenging times. I've learned a lot about sales and now I control my income!

Cons

stress! between the calls and metrics, the job can sometimes be stressful. Sometimes the systems can be really slow and you're constantly having to learn new packages and prices. This job will keep you on your toes!

Advice to Management

simplify product structure and consider offering channels a la carte.

"review of corporate finance from financial analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Hours average 830am to 530 or 6pm for analysts, a little later for more senior positions. I rarely have work on the weekends
    - Day-to-day work is variance packs, looking at proposed projects for various departments. I tend to review most deals that the marketing team puts together. They come to me with the costs, and I figure out the short, mid, and long term financial impacts. I also prepare dashboards for the marketing department. Some time is spent working with the IT department to access data and design reports.
    - Team is pretty good. Directors have a lot of experience and my managers give me good feedback. Work is fairly steady and clearly assigned.
    - Living in Denver is great. 5-6 months a year I can ride my bike to the office and there's showers at the office
    - 401(k) match, health insurance

Cons

- Pay is competitive but not great
    - Management is slow to respond to feedback from lower-level employees
    - Not enough vacation

Advice to Management

You should give corporate employees more vacation days.