DISH - Internship in Denver | Glassdoor

"Internship in Denver"

Former Intern - Intern in Denver, CO
Former Intern - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good exposure within the internship program. We got to meet the CEO and interact with Directors and VPs on projects. I felt like I could make a difference in the company and that I was a valued team member.

The whole experience was great. They helped us find lodging in Denver and I roomed with 2 other students. I ended up not getting a job with Dish but stayed in Denver anyway.

Cons

Full time employees said that a lot of positions don't end up being that significant and that the internship was a kind of "honeymoon" experience. However, I didn't have this experience so I'm giving this 5/5.

Advice to Management

Offer more interns jobs after the program! I wish I could have stayed.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Fun job laid back and not too demanding! Had a good few years with the company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish had a good environment. Was laid back. 4 day work week which is great hard to find. great pay. made good friends. plus free dish which you cant beat!

Cons

Weren't many. benefits could have been better

Advice to Management

More hands on.

"Good projects, but little flexibility for employees"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because of the complexity of the vertically integrated company, IT projects are really cutting edge and we are experienced running some of the biggest CRMs and ERPs in the world. The CIO has won a bunch of awards because we really do practice best practices for in our systems. This is a great opportunity to get experience working on enterprise solutions.

This wasn't always the case, so the last few years have involved a lot of migrations and redundant systems. It was truly challenging, but in the end most of us our quite proud of our accomplishments and contribution.

Cons

Work hours are not flexible. This isn't standard in the IT industry. There's also no opportunity to work from home.

Advice to Management

Allow engineers to have flexible schedules like any other tech company or IT department.