DISH - Fun job laid back and not too demanding! Had a good few years with the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Fun job laid back and not too demanding! Had a good few years with the company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in New York, NY
Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish had a good environment. Was laid back. 4 day work week which is great hard to find. great pay. made good friends. plus free dish which you cant beat!

Cons

Weren't many. benefits could have been better

Advice to Management

More hands on.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"!Currently working at Dish!"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Vail, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Vail, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

4 day work week
    Overtime available
    Independent work
    Tools and equipment are provided
    Training and support from dispatch and managers
    I'm a service rep in the mountains of Colorado, so I spent a lot of my time driving through the mountains! What's better than being paid (with gas and company van) to drive around the Rockies?

Cons

Spend most of the time out in the elements. In Colorado it's been a cold, long winter!
    Sales reps are now asked to sell stuff like headphones. Customers never want to buy them.
    Before starting your work orders, you have to drive to the Dish office to pick up the van. It would be easier if we could stock the vans the night before and go directly to our jobs

Advice to Management

Consider letting service reps bring vans home. There could be some advantages.

"good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In international customer service, there's extensive training in products. Since our team isn't nearly as big as the English-speaking customer service, we are expected to handle a wider variety of issues. The team here in Queens is very diverse and there are people from around the world. We often eat together and some of my co-workers have become close friends.

Pay is good, and I usually get some over time. Hours are long, but in the end we're in New York to work and build a career, right? In international there is a lot of room for professional advancement.

Training is paid and quite extensive, but by the end I was tired of training and wanted to get on the phone.

Cons

When calls start coming in this job can be very stressful. In our office, it's like a storm just blow in and the crew must secure everything before it blows away. No one asks questions, but just keeps answering call after call. After a long day I'm tired and stressed.

There are now 2 types of international packages: the internet tv and the satellite subscription. It's challenging for us to answer questions about both systems and sometimes subs don't even know which they have.

Advice to Management

Try to plan call volume better. If there's going to be an outage or some event we should staff up beforehand.