DISH - I worked at dish newtowrk, flushing ny for about a month. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"I worked at dish newtowrk, flushing ny for about a month."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to interact with people from different background and different culture.
The opportunity to built a customer service approach by learning daily customer needs and interests.

Cons

1. Lack of good training in order to be ready for daily work in a stressful work place like dish. Being able to handle 100+ calls a day requires good training rather than talking. I was on training for almost 3 weeks, but all i had was talk and discussion with almost half hour of actual phone call training a day. The other thing related to training is that actual training was done by crew employees and new hired ones where all they do is pointing out what to do on the screen without giving any kind of criteria of how to handle a call.
2. Lack of cohesiveness. There no shared goals among employees. All care of their personal goals "to work 8 hours and earn money." Management not being able to take care of their employee need leads to this type of problem.
3 Lack of honesty, tolerance, and respect for hardworking employees in general and for the one who belong to minorities. I remember seeing a hard working lady crying because one day she was sick and wasn’t allowed to go to doctor, and she end up dealing with an angry customer cursing her. However, i was fired 15 minutes after i reported to HR a discrimination incident against mean when i asked why, i was told that i didn’t say thank you to my trainer when she helped me. She felt bad.

Advice to Management

To aknowlege the postion that you hold. The postion you hold requires hard and stressful care of both custemers and employees. Faliure to meet either of those might end up wit susequences on the hall company.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"The New Positive Culture at Dish"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have my job
    Good incentives
    Schedules rarely change for the worse
    My supervisor cares

Cons

Upper Management really does not care about doing what's right.
    They just fired one of the best Supervisors and everybody knows it's because they were overstaffed and from what I hear they came up with all these reasons that were not true as of why to fire him. One of the team members said he wasn't there for his team when I know he was there more then other coaches; and he had that team like a week. The person that said he wasn't there for them had missed like 2 to 3 days.
    The Supervisor they fired was the only black supervisor. They don't look to promote people of color especially African Americans. They don't know how to deal with people that are ambitious and want for more. I'm sure that it is not like this in other call centers we just live in a predominantly white area where racism is still there just covered up better.
    The Supervisor they fired had all the faith in management and his manager; which he obviously should not have had. He believed in a new positive culture where they work with you and actually care about you and they let him, the most motivational person go.

Advice to Management

When you let him go, you let go of some of what he stood for as well... a better Dish built off of respect not fear. Admit you made a mistake and bring him back.
    Don't just smile at your people and think that, that does it; take the time to connect with them.
    Never fire anyone for something you do, or don't do yourself
    Find a way to decrease that fear and build back the respect. That's what will help to not make Dish the worst place to work at again.
    People are still scared to take internal "anonymous" feedback surveys in fear that it's not truly anonymous so roam the internet for true uncut feedback like this if you truly care about making Dish at least in our area a better place to work at.
    You can make all the grand speeches and make all the policy changes and make all the surveys you want but if you don't change; You; all the data collecting may make a difference but not The positive difference at Dish that I hope someone truly cares about.

"not worth the pay"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay when promoted
    good co-workers
    lunch anywhere
    chance of travel
    out enjoying the day while working

Cons

Work (hard labor)
    Rules (Too many demands to be met)
    Hours
    Not enough help from management when you are stuck in a problem.
    not enough overview of new products.

Advice to Management

Treat the installers with more dignity and respect.