DISH - good work/life balance | Glassdoor

"good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Dish for 2 years in the corporate finance department. There are 2 big pros for me:
1) Great work/life balance
Moving to Denver was life-changing. Weekends in the mountains. The camping, the biking, the healthy lifestyle. I've made some good friends. People from work go for drinks about once a week and initially my coworkers helped me meet friends and find my way around the city. Now I have other friends as well.
A lot of Dish employees come to work on public transportation or by bike, and some running groups run around Meridian on lunch breaks since there are showers in Building II. I'm usually in the office from 8am till 630pm which is reasonable for the finance industry.

2) Corporate experience in a public company
Dish is a vertically integrated company that has a lot of departments and many stakeholders. Building dashboards for C-level execs and helping make informed decisions for marketing budget allocations has been a good learning. My duties are clearly assigned and feedback is usually quick if rather brief. I think it's probably one of the better employers in Denver.

Cons

Vacation time isn't great. Also, I wish the corporate finance time got to evaluate more of the strategy deals. I was hoping I would get to work on the wireless M&A activity, but that seems to be a small cadre of employees surrounding the chairman. I haven't been involved.

Advice to Management

Give us a little more paid time off?

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Why work for a company that doesn't care about you?"

Current Employee - Field Service Manager
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a well performing technician you don't have much to worry about as far as being fired but it's not a long term career.

Cons

As a part of management prepare to be put through the ringer and no matter how valuable you think you are to the company if your position needs to go they will find a way to terminate you.

Advice to Management

Management of all levels need to revamp their thinking about what's important to the company. (hint, it's your employees)

2. "nice place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice starting pay, good working environment, etc

Cons

its a call center, so theres that