DISH - fun place to work | Glassdoor

"fun place to work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers led by strong management. There's a real positive momentum right now because our products are winning awards and selling well. Plus, Charlie Ergen has a strategy to take us out of the mature pay TV market and into the wireless market.

My coworkers get on well and we sometimes do events together. Even as a designer, I sometimes get invited to events put on by the programmers like HBO or Starz.

All-in-all: this has been a great job.

Cons

Sometimes there's a culture class between old-school pay television people and more forward thinking team members who focus on tech, apps, and OTT. But I guess that's normal since most of our money comes from pay television still.

Advice to Management

Hire more people who are "Digital Natives"

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Just another day in paradise"

Current Employee - Css2/TE21 in Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - Css2/TE21 in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule, room to grow and awesome development

Cons

Not being able to take a weeks vacation even if you have earned it

Advice to Management

Realize the we are humans and not machines. A weeks vacation is well deserved as well as needed for people who have family out of town or state.

"Call center in Flushing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the South-Asian group at the call-center in Flushing. My favourite part of this job are my coworkers. The team here is close and fun. We often go to lunch and have dinner for coworkers' birthdays.

Despite being such an international city, New York City doesn't offer a lot of jobs that pay multi-lingual people well. Since I started working at Dish, I feel like my language abilities are valued by my employer. It's great! In addition to taking calls, I also help out with translating scripts and other materials. The culture is very diverse and international in our office. Training is paid.

Day-to-day work is interesting because no 2 customers are the same. It's generally pretty easy to know if you're performing well because of the metrics that are used to benchmark and compare employees.

My family is now insured and enjoys watching free Dish with all the channels in the south asian packs.

Cons

Long hours can be a drain if you're on the phone all day. On the other hand, the hours go every slower when there aren't any calls
    Supervisors can micromanage especially if your metrics aren't very good.

Advice to Management

Remove some of the lower levels of management. I don't see them contributing much and in some cases they just add bureaucracy