DISH - DISH Treats its Employees Like Trash | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"DISH Treats its Employees Like Trash"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If i had to sum up my time at DISH, I would say that it was overall a miserable place to work. It deserves to be the worst employer in the world. Now, I can tell you that I actually enjoyed my first six or so month on the job. After that, everything went completely downhill. I once heard one of the VP's tell a group of people that if you weren't cheating, then you weren't doing your job correctly. How horrible is that?

Some Pros:
I did like some of the people I got to work with, some were horrible as well
Great technology
Free DISH service

Cons

Good luck ever taking a vacation day off. They will still call you every five minutes.
Worst culture I've ever seen.
They dont care about their employees.
The pay scale for their employees is so off. Men get raises and promotions while women never do. Seriously the compensation for men on average must be atleast 20% higher for the same job.
They said they did away with the badge report (being in the office from 9-4) but that is completely untrue. It still exists.
It matters more about sucking up to management then it does about how good you are at your job.
That place is like big brother. Your every move is being watched from the cameras around the building and parking lot, to badging in and out.
The benefits there are awful. They say that the benefits are good. All lies.
ZERO work/life balance. They want you to work more and more. 50+ hours is not enough.

Advice to Management

Clean house in HR. That group is toxic. They are completely unethical. No wonder the turnover in that department has been so high.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "Still a long road ahead for improvement"

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounted TV service
    Great coworkers
    Good learning experience

Cons

Poor work/life balance
    Compensation does not match workload
    Horrible benefits
    High turnover rate
    Terrible upper management
    Limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Happy employees equal happy customers. Focus more on entire employee base instead of rewarding a few. Share the wealth.

2. "DISH is a great place to work!"

Pros

DISH has always been an entrepreneurial company that takes big risks for the opportunity to give the consumer what they deserve. As an employer, DISH provides opportunities to grow and contribute to the business in ways that more traditional companies don't. I have learned more at DISH over the last two years than I could have ever dreamed. Working in a fast paced company that is committed to creating the future among fierce competitors is exhilarating!

Cons

DISH is in the midst of great change as we transform the culture, benefits and leadership. You have to be excited about driving change and be willing to fail to succeed at DISH. It is easy to get caught up in the challenges or stories of the past instead of asking what can I do to help create a world class company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It takes time to drive changes through the organization. We are moving in the right direction!