Cover image for DIY Media Group

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Save yourself the trouble and don't bother working here

Jun 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The workers (except the management) are all great. They are the only reason I can't give this place a 1 star rating.

Cons

1. The management sucks. The management is a bunch of men who refuse to take into consideration the needs of their workers. The company encourages feedback on ways to improve, but whenever you provide criticism or suggestions you will find that your written suggestions end up in the trash. 2. There is no advancement, and if you do manage to get any additional jobs you won't be paid extra for it. 3. The customers are all angry, rude, and make you hate yourself while talking to them. Rarely you will get a nice person on the phone, but that is incredibly rare.

5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream jobs do come true!

Aug 19, 2021 - Prepress Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, pay, insurance, profit gain bonuses, diversity. The CEO is a great leader by example and isn't intimidating. My team leader and manager are both awesome at communicating and not micromanaging. It feels good to be treated like I matter. The company is growing greatly and the opportunities are endless. Supporting the art world is what we do. It's an amazing feeling!

Cons

I honestly can not think of one thing that I do not like about DIY Media Group.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Soul-crushing

Aug 12, 2022 - Machine Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers (fellow factory workers), vending machines and cafeteria

Cons

Hard work will go unrecognized, ESPECIALLY for BIPOC employees. Over-time is expected; management will not be there! Management is lazy and the entire company is ran by those who are paid the least (but work the most). Expect to spend every waking moment dedicated to a factory that produces mass amounts of waste and at it's core thrives off exploitation.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

DIY Media Group Response

Well this is awful to read... At DIY we take tremendous pride in the culture we have created - one where hard (and smart) work and initiative are recognized regardless of who you are or where you're from. We have an engaged team of 300+ who do great things for our author and musician clients, and I think the proof is in the fact that we've been voted by our team members as a top Philly workplace for three years in a row. Is there room for improvement? Always. As a company we believe in Continuous Improvement, and we make steady strides to be a better workplace each day. But to accuse us of massive waste and exploitation is just plain fiction. Our waste is low, and we work on reducing it every day. And we're very proud of our total compensation package offered to team members - including some of the best medical benefits in the area. I wish that before you had left we would have had an opportunity to hear your feedback. Our average employee tenure at DIY is 11 years. If the things you mention are actually true I certainly do not believe people would stick around this long. Tony van Veen

Discover more reviews about DIY Media Group.

DIY Media Group Photos

+ Add Photo
DIY Media Group photo of: Welcome to our headquarters in Pennsauken, NJ!

Have you worked here?