DLC - A job, but don't expect to go anywhere in it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DLC

"A job, but don't expect to go anywhere in it."

Former Employee - Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
Former Employee - Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

They pay you by the hour when you work, but that's not a whole lot of incentive when they're sending you somewhere that requires a 2+ hour commute each day.

Cons

The worst part about working here may be the lack of career progression you won't be showing. You may get great exposure to different industries or work experience, but it will be difficult to show in such a flat organization where promotions do not exist (literally, this is true as part of the business).

Advice to Management

Appreciate sacrifices employees make and recognize they are truly giving up something for the sake of the firm rather than dismissing what they do as part of the job.

Other Employee Reviews for DLC

"Low stress, but lack of career growth"

Pros

- Competitive salary
    - Traditional working hours
    - Low stress

Cons

- Very limited career growth
    - Commute to client can be long
    - Projects are more like temp work rather than consulting

Advice to Management

Invest in your people

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simply put: I have found for myself a unique work experience here at DLC, and it has been, so far, my favorite career opportunity. My position as a DLC consultant is a combination of the best aspects of my days at public accounting and industry. From public accounting, it allows me to utilize my client-service skills, it provides me with more opportunities for continued learning and skills-enhancement and it rewards me for business development. From industry, it offers me the opportunity to roll-up my sleeves and dive into the details when necessary and it offers me a better work-life balance.

Though I've been 100% utilized since joining the firm, I appreciate the consulting model the Firm has adopted where I will continue to receive salary while on the bench.

Cons

I personally don't have any. I do see others have "commute" listed as a con. Commutes don't bother me, as I knew going into consulting that commuting to various clients would be part of the experience.