DNN - Awesome team atmosphere, cutting edge techniques and lots of room to grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DNN

"Awesome team atmosphere, cutting edge techniques and lots of room to grow."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Langley, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Langley, BC (Canada)

I have been working at DNN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool Product, free food / coffee, lots of room to grow, lots of fun people who will help if they have time.

Cons

micro-management, hard to grow, Founders have to make final decision, bad office location (Langley), Agile waterfall mix which mostly doesn't work, slow to accept new ideas, Not many younger empoyees

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind, Listen to your employees, get rid of the dead weight.

Other Employee Reviews for DNN

1. "Growing Company where you have to work a lot and have chance to make your own contribution into success"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at DNN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparent open company policy. Have a chance to build your career. Growing Company where you have to work a lot and have chance to make your own contribution into success.

Cons

This is still a start up a lot of procedures and regulation existing in old big companies are still in the process of establishing.

"Going on 6 years with DNN"

Current Employee - Operations Finance Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Finance Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at DNN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with DNN since January of 2011 so I've seen some significant ups and downs at DNN which I would expect in any organization. Because I have read some current reviews that DNN might be posting "fake" positive feedback, true or not, I don’t know but I hope that a reader who reads my review would take it with sincerity as I am disclosing my identity as Quoc Ngo.
    In my experience here, the Management Team have been the most sensible, hardworking and understanding group of managers I've ever met. From a range of personal events in my life while at DNN such as sleepless nights spent to obtain my CPA certification, getting married, having my daughter, experienced bereavements, etc., my manager have been extremely accommodating by allowing me to work from home, take last minute PTOs, send me get well gifts and such. This is very important because it is a reflection of the environment I go to every day. The manager truly believes in a work and life balance and I would know this because I was an auditor for 4.5 years where I put an average of 70hrs a week for that company. It is important because the environment allows me to safely approach my manager and ask him to be flexible and understanding in the situation in might be in. Our accounting dept is a skeleton crew of 3 people who handles all the non-sales, operational aspect of the company to make sure things continue to run in the back end but the Company let us take reasonable personal time off. It is a great give and take relationship because I get more leniency and in return I give my company 110% each day at work.
    Other pros for working at DNN are the benefits. Our CEO gave us a very generous budget to throw many offsite events and dinners throughout the year such as club seats at the SF Giant's stadium, cooking at the Fogerty winery, archery in SF, boat cruises, tacos stands in the park and many more. DNN are very generous with the catered meals and holiday festivities as well as a large variety of choices in the stocked pantry. For performance rewards, DNN have given away Hawaii, Mexico and Napa trips to top sales performers in addition to generous uncapped accelerators. For non-sales, employees have received bonuses, gifts, and more.
    One last thing I would like to share is a conversation with my wife about the commute from Fremont to San Mateo. She wanted to know if I am worn out from it. Most definitely yes! I have contemplated on working closer to home to be with my family on my instances but I have not because I look forward to working with my team every day. DNN have allowed me to expand the scope of my original responsibility by letting me take on new challenges and allowed me to be creative. I have a lot of friends in the tech industry and very few have been given a great experience that I have received at DNN. I thank DNN for recognizing my accomplishments and I hope DNN will continue to work on reaching high prosperity for all the employees who continue to come to work every day at DNN in hopes its success. In agreement with some my former colleague reviews, I think management can get caught up on dealing with a situation in the moment and can some time fail to plan ahead and proactively expect for the future. Management make mistakes. Management have failed to lead or provide guidance on certain issues. They are working on learning from their mistakes as anyone including myself who need to do.

Cons

In agreement with some of my former colleagues' reviews, I think management can get caught up in dealing with a situation in the moment and can sometimes fail to proactively plan ahead. Management makes mistakes. Management has failed to lead or provide guidance on certain issues. They are working on learning from their mistakes as anyone including myself would need to do.

It is very unfortunate that I lost some very close colleagues through the restructuring. I still miss them dearly. I believe it could have been executed better and the communication could have been clearer as it took me several meetings with my Manager to understand the thought process behind the planned restructuring.

Advice to Management

My advice to the Management Team is to patiently listen to what your employees are saying. If you feel like you are overwhelmed but you still want to leave your door open to let your employee to come in and confide in you, please make sure you are emotionally and professionally ready to listen to the employee. If there are still a lot of things on your mind and you need some time to clear your head before you can talk to that employee, please just let him or her know to give you a moment and come back an hour later or maybe the next time. It takes a lot of courage for an employee to freely express their feelings and opinions so please go into the meeting with an open mind and patience.